PDA

View Full Version : My TiVo has a mind of it's own !

ScubaGary
14-07-2004, 10:11 AM
When I got up this morning I noticed the TiVo was recording !!!

I then checked "Now Playing" and noticed 2 shows complete and a third (partial - currently recording) show where there ???

They were shows I had never heard of and would not consider recording.

Any clues why the TiVo is randomly recording shows ???

Gary Giles

AJOS31
14-07-2004, 01:58 PM
So does mine.

Tivo will learn what you like to watch and then record shows it thinks you might enjoy - I believe thumbs up and down will influence it..

All the same, at its current pace I predicate my Tivo will achieve the singularity early October 04 he he..

tenty
14-07-2004, 02:11 PM
TiVo Will do that! There is an option called "TiVo Suggestions"

This just means TiVo will check up on the categories that a program is in and record things with that category.

Say for instance you pressed 3 Thumbs up for Simpsons, Just shoot me, Skithouse, and The Drew Cary Show. It will go and record comedy shows because it knows you like them :)

If you want, you can turn off the TiVo suggestions. You can :)

ScubaGary
14-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks.

I can see the TiVo suggestions list OK, but none of them seem to be set to record.

Boy, it sure learns fast, it has only been running for about 24 hrs!!!

Not very accurate though, most of the suggested shows I would not bother recording. :confused:

Gary Giles

curto
19-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Gary,

It will take a while to learn what you like - also the guide data at the moment is not always given correct Genre's so this affects it

Craig

tenty
20-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I can see the TiVo suggestions list OK, but none of them seem to be set to record.

I should probably point out here as well that TiVo suggestions list will certainly display, and it will look like things are not set to record. This is because the TiVo relys on a few conditions being met:

You have not flipped channels within a certain timeframe (I Dont know what this is)
You have not changed channels to watch something else on at the same timeslot as something TiVo suggests
Something it has in it's todo list doesn't conflict with the suggestion
There is enough free space for it to record something
You have not changed channels to watch something that TiVo suggested

Im sure there is more, but I cant think of any others at this stage.

Cheers