PDA

View Full Version : Mis-behaving TiVo

ScubaGary
14-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

My newly setup TiVo seems to be having a few hiccups.

Yesterday and last night it seemed to be spontaniously re-booting every 2 or 3 hours !!!

On a reboot the current date as well as the last download are all set up September 2002!

If I force a daily download from TiVo Web, after rebooting when complete, it resets the current date OK, but the last download date still says September 2002 and I get a message saying that the TiVo has not downloaded for more than 30 days and I can't select any programs to record.

If I force a second daily download from TiVo Web, then after that one completes, but without a reboot, all dates are back to normal.

I am only including certain foxtel channels in my download so re-indexing only seems to take 1/2 hr or so, but I had to do it 3 times yesterday!!!

Also last night while watching my first recorded show, the TiVo stopped responding to the remote control, the show kept playing OK, the remote light came on when you pressed a button but the TiVo ignored it. A reboot from TiVo Web fixed the problem but then had to do 2 daily downloads again...

Anyone have any suggestions as to why all the above is happening ???

Gary Giles

curto
19-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Gary,

I assume that you have a new good Hard disk in the machine ??

Have you checked the temperature of the TIVO ??

You don't have it sitting on top of an Amplifier etc do you ??

Craig

ScubaGary
19-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Currently I only have an old 80gb drive I put in just to see if I could actually get it all working or not.

I plan to buy a new 160gb drive an put that in the near future.

Temperature says around 30c which it says is normal.