PDA

View Full Version : Recording and storage

Roger
21-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me how many times u can view your tivo recordings?
Are recorded programs deleted after a certain time or can u keep them as long as u want?
Is a relatively low speed wireless internet home network sufficient to support tivo?

HN salesman didnt seem to have a decent product knowledge

cheers

Darren King
21-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi and welcome. I moved your thread to the TiVoHD area and removed your second duplicate thread as one is sufficient.

can anyone tell me how many times u can view your tivo recordings? Are recorded programs deleted after a certain time or can u keep them as long as u want?
As many times as you like. They will only be deleted after a certain time if the hard disk fills up and it makes room for more, but you can mark the recording not to be deleted and it won't.

Is a relatively low speed wireless internet home network sufficient to support tivo?
It is. Your TiVo will only be downloading guide data and the occasional software update which are not big. The only time it may download big chunks of data is when the movie on demand option becomes available but this is totally optional at your choosing. Other than that you will be OK.

HN salesman didnt seem to have a decent product knowledge
Common problem.

Roger
22-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for deleting the second thread, i tried deleting it last night but couldnt work out how. Thanks also for answering my questions, much appreciated