PDA

View Full Version : SBS 2 is now the old SBS News

ozNick
03-02-2009, 06:23 AM
http://www.sbs.com.au/article/109044/Austr...Digital-Upgrade

I assume you are aware of this - but just in case you missed it.

Basically SBS-News is now SBS 2 and has moved from channel 33 to 32 plus other channels have been reserved for further expansion.

Cheers Nick

petestrash
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Also SBS HD will now show some programs in real 720, not just upconverted.

If you had season passes for SBS-News you will need to delete and re-do them.

Peter.

ozNick
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
... more importantly I need to remember how to change the channel number in the TiVo from 33 to 32.

I had a look but could find the guide for the hypertext - could you please point me at the relevant guide?

petestrash
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM
You should have already received the channel update by now from our server. There should have been a message screen explaining how to go into channels you receive and to select the new channels.

Peter.

ozNick
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
You should have already received the channel update by now from our server. There should have been a message screen explaining how to go into channels you receive and to select the new channels.

Peter.

I haven't received it yet - mine's still SBS-News on 33

My last call was about 4am this morning. I just made a daily call and rebooted but no message or change.

Should I wait, or manually modify the channel number?

Cheers Nick

petestrash
04-02-2009, 02:53 AM
You should have already received the update, perhaps someone skipped over the message, as it is only displayed once going from watching something to the menus.

check in Messages & Setup > My Preferences > Customise Channels > Channels You Receive to see if the new channels are there. If not let me know which headend you get and what the ServerVersion number is.

Peter.

petestrash
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Ross has just pushed the lineups out again in case your TiVo didn't get them for some reason.

Let us know how it goes.

Peter.

ozNick
04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Ross has just pushed the lineups out again in case your TiVo didn't get them for some reason.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for organising that - it did the trick.

BTW - We were away for the weekend and there was no previous message.

Cheers Nick

petestrash
05-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Cool,

Peter.