PDA

View Full Version : First run season pass

fruv
29-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I have a feeling that the EPG doesn't know which programs are first-runs or repeats. Channel 9 screens 2 eps of Criminal Minds on Wed night. A first-run at 8:30 and a repeat at 9:30. I created a season pass with first-run only and it records both eps.

I had a look around the guide at different shows and none of them indicated first-run or repeat. Does the EPG contain that info? If not, the first-run only option is useless.

petestrash
30-10-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm not sure if the repeat flag (if used) is shown in the on screen guide.

But I do not believe the repeat flags are being sent with the EPG data.

You might want to send a complaint to support@tivo.com.au.

The more people that complain the better chance of getting it fixed.

Peter.

fruv
31-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I went to the support page at www.tivo.com.au and submitted this problem a few days ago. I didn't get any reply. This morning when I checked my To Do list, the repeats weren't there. It seems to have been fixed.

JohnScott
01-11-2008, 07:33 AM
There have been several programs recently where the guide data has not even identified a series as a series (eg James May's 20th Century, Galapagos on ABC). Given that, it should be no surprise if the repeat flag is unreliable.
That said, Tivo support have been quick to respond to correct the problem each time, and have alluded to the need to contact their "third party program data providers". Must agree, more feedback can only improve the chances of accurate data.
John

petestrash
03-11-2008, 03:13 PM
That's great news, I 'm away at the moment, but look forwards to seeing less repeats taped.

Thanks for the follow up.

Peter.