PDA

View Full Version : A name! a Name! my Kingdom for a name!

tenty
04-07-2004, 08:14 AM
In light of recent events on the mailing list, I have put up this poll. The question: What name would grab you the most? If something isn't part of the answer you see, then post the name you think would be most appropriate below.

darkknight254
05-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Hi Tenty,

Did you actually mean to leave this poll open until august?

Andy :)

tenty
05-07-2004, 05:45 PM
I figured that would give people plenty of time to have voted on a name between now and then... I can close the poll at any time anyway, but it at least gives the guys over on the mailing list a way to tally votes without having a flood of emails. come though the list just to register their vote.

Cheers

elarbee
06-07-2004, 05:17 PM
excuse my ignorance but what is this for? :o

tenty
07-07-2004, 07:30 AM
People wanted a poll on the mailing lists to work out what to call their project. So I've thrown it open to the community and alowed people to vote on it's name. This was so people wouldnt sent a flood of emails though voting or arguing on it's name

hongkongfooey
07-07-2004, 08:24 AM
I really don't like the CommunityGuide name, call me pedantic, but I still think it sounds like a listing of things on around town rather than an Open Source TV guide...

My 2 cents...

elarbee
07-07-2004, 02:24 PM
after seeing the top three contenders i thought i'd post my thoughts...

Communityguide with 18
i kind of agree with hongkongfooey. this name says "its a community guide, but a guide to what?"

NowShowing with 16
this one sounds like a commercial enterprise. its catchy but doesnt say "a community openly sharing resources for a better tv viewing experience"

Openguide with 16
i think this is closer to what you guys are trying convey - but what do i know :rolleyes:

i guess it really depends on what you guys are trying to achieve and what message you're trying to get across.

i just thought i'd give my impressions on what the top three names make me think of ;)