PDA

View Full Version : Failed Daily call

palmag
27-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi every one,

Just need some help sorting out a problem I've got with daily calls, up until OzTiVo went down my TiVo's been successfully making daily calls to get guide data, but since Thursday it has been constantly failing when forcing a call, hence I'm running out of data. I'm just wondering is the problem at my end or at OzTiVo's end, is there anyone else having the same issue?

petestrash
27-09-2008, 01:33 PM
There may have been some short term DNS issues during the outage, but if you can access this forum and www.oztivo.net then this is no longer an issue for your TiVo.

Also most TiVo's have been setup to contact the server via it's IP address, so should not have been effected at all.

Personally I haven't had any issues with the daily call, or been contacted by anyone else with issues.

When was the last time you tried a call?

Have you tried the networkings diagnostic tools (http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Network/NetworkingHowto#Configuration_and_Diagnostics) to see if you have an issue with your TiVo?

Peter.

palmag
28-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply, after a quick reboot of the TiVo all is back to normal now.

petestrash
28-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Good news.

Peter.