PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions before i get my tivo! yes i browsed threads first :)

elarbee
01-07-2004, 12:53 PM
hi everyone

hoping to order my first tivo this week. ive checked these forums and the oztivo website ( faq sections etc ) but couldnt find answers to my questions...

help please :D

1) i noticed eksys.com sells the philips HDR212, but ive seen a few HDR312 units on ebay. is one better than the other?

2) ive just got foxtels new digital satellite service and im in perth. will the program times be available and correct?

3) anyone know if the IR blaster will work with the new foxtel digital pace boxes?

4) my tv is widescreen, does the philips tivo box support 16:9 wide screen input ( from foxtel box ) / output ( to tv )?

whew!!! :p

thanks sooo much in advance, think of it as an investment in your forum karma ;)

DavidSymons
01-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi elarbee,

As a non-sandgroper with no FoxTel I can only answer 1 and 4.

1. The different model numbers indicate a different original disk capacity - HDR112 thru HDR612 (14, 20, 30, or 60 hours) . Most people buy a diskless TiVo and buy nice big hard disk to get more recording capacity.

4. Yes indeed. I have a Widescreen TV and the TiVo works well with it. Essentially it records whatever your STB puts out. So if your STB is set to 16:9 then the TiVo will record it that way.

Cheers, Dave.

elarbee
01-07-2004, 03:24 PM
woo hoo, thanks dave.

yeah being in the most isolated city in the world ( one of our pathetic claims to fame ) i thought i should check, but even if the times are a couple hours it doesnt really matter.

thanks for your reply!