PDA

View Full Version : Schedule recording issue

tomeagles
27-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey folks,
Just a quick check - have been having intermitten issue last couple of weeks. Programs were recorded as scheduled, but they were on 'wrong' channels - reckon STB did not switch to the correct one before starts recording. This is happening to both tivos that have been serving me faithfully for quite a while already.
Wonder if any others has the same issue. :rolleyes:

petestrash
27-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Dropped digits are not uncommon with some STB's.

Can you give some examples of the channels recorded Vs expected.

Are the channels actually changing at all?

Do you use IR wands, have they been bumped recently?

Peter.

tomeagles
30-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I haven't tweak anything on my tivos lately, only exception were updating new oztivo site per advised. Incidentally, that was about 2 weeks ago - but I don't see any relation to the issue that I'm having. I don't think it was having specific channels issue (7 and SBS). They recorded the last switched/watched channel instead of the actual scheduled programs, though issue happened intermittently which is hard to troubleshoot and on both tivos. This problem is new to me - kindda frustrating having to miss out exciting epis.

petestrash
30-06-2008, 12:18 PM
You didn't answer my question about the IR wands. If you use them, have checked that they have not shifted causing intermittant operation.

It would be very unlikely that both TiVo have the same internal problem. So I would guess it was an environment issue. Have you recently installed any compact fluorescent lights or IR senders, or anything else that may be flooding IR into the area the Tivo's are located in?

Peter.

tomeagles
30-06-2008, 12:49 PM
ooops! sorry Pete.
Come to think of it, "maybe" the cause could be coming from new wireless PS2 controller.
I'll probe further into it - thanks for the tip.

petestrash
30-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Cool, but if it's RF like most it shouldn't effect TiVo

Peter.