PDA

View Full Version : Tevion TEV8200

imcdermid
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Has anyone got the IR sender working with the above box? Digital setop box from Aldi

imcdermid
03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
OK I have created the IR code following the guide IRCapturingCodesWithTivo. I have completed up to step 10 with no errors. However, how do I select the definition I have created. The file I created was Tevion.tcl, but I do not see a Tevion option in the cable box select menu.

Help !!!

imcdermid
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Update...

The Tevion controller has settings for 1, 2 or 3 digits to change the channel. I can get channels 1-9 OK, but double digit channels are not possible yet.

Will provide an update when I fix it

petestrash
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
As you probably know by now, have a play with RecieverNumDigits, TunerDigitDelay, and
UnattendedTunerDigitDelay to get 2 digits working.

When you have the codes working, let me know or post here and I'll have them inculded in the next OzTiVo IR Slice.

Peter

imcdermid
07-05-2008, 02:19 PM
As you probably know by now, have a play with RecieverNumDigits, TunerDigitDelay, and
UnattendedTunerDigitDelay to get 2 digits working.

When you have the codes working, let me know or post here and I'll have them inculded in the next OzTiVo IR Slice.

Peter

Where are these values kept, which file ???

Ian

petestrash
07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
They are not kept in a file as such, they are entries in the MFS.

look in TWP and goto MFS>SETUP>SOURCE, and you will see all the values listed.

To change them you need to use the dbset command.

For example to change the number of digits to 2, Telnet into your TiVo and type:

dbset <SourceID> RecieverNumDigits 2

(Replacing SourceID with your XXXX/XX style number)

For me this would be:

dbset 2274/13 RecieverNumDigits 2

Then reboot your TiVo.

The instructions are the same for the other variable, just substitute RecieverNumDigits with the correct variable. Be extra careful with the capitalisations.

Peter

imcdermid
07-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Have got it going, what a pain!!! I have uploaded my Tevion.tcl to the FTP site.

Another problem, the TEV8200 shows many more channels than the Tivo gives me options for. Also some of the HD channel numbers need to be changed so if it doesn't work, check the channel numbers on the box and the Tivo.

Finally, the HD channels guide ony show programs that are different to the SD channels not the whole guide. Is this a bug, or a feature.

Thanks to Pete for his help

petestrash
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
What extra channels do you have?

We use the govt provided LCN's for the channels, some boxes will just add channels sequencially or a mix of both, check your box settings and enable LCN if available.

The HD guide is like that on purpose, it's a factor of what people wanted and how the data is available.

Peter.

imcdermid
07-05-2008, 07:08 PM
There are channels 71 & 72 7 Digital 2 and 7 Digital3 they show the same as vanilla 7. Also channel 20 is ABC-HDTV. These channels are not important as they show the same programs.

I understand what you are saying about the other HD channels, only show the differences.

I guess I was just trying to clarify the differences between the STB and the Tivo channels. I am new to STB having just dumped Foxtel.

Ian

petestrash
07-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Because 71, 72 and 20 all show the same as the regular channels, at this stage there are no separate channels for these to save bandwidth and processing.

If they start showing different programing (which may occur for the olympics), new channels will be created and if available guide data also provided.

Peter.

imcdermid
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Peter,

That explains it well.

Ian