PDA

View Full Version : Help - Stuck in Welcome Screen

Schumi
01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi all,

After 1 1/2 years of trouble free tivo with 1.5 NZ image at the beginning of the week I started having some lingering networking issues - it would not connect via telnet occasionally and stopped responding to TWP.
I connected via serial and ran ifconfig to see what the turbonet card was doing and saw that there was no IP address being allodcated (stuck on 127.0.0.1).

So, I thought I would quickly switch to static IP to see if that solved the issue, but that's actually when the real problem started.

I used nic_config_tivo and after setting static IP, subnet mask and gateway I saved and rebooted - and never recovered !

I now do not get past the "Almost there. Just a few minutes more..." screen (which has been there for a couple of hours at times). I have tried to repair by mounting the disk and booting with the 1.5 image disk, then entering the static IP that way with the same result.

Any words of wisdom - I can't connect via serial any longer, not even into boot mode. The driver load page shows some error messages, but they've always been there and I must say as everything ran so trouble free I didn't really pay much attention.

I've got a PC with a Ubuntu installation; my linux has gotten very rusty, but I could probably use it with some guidance. there are a couple of shows on the HD which I would like to rescue, but beyond that I don't mind re-imaging.

petestrash
06-05-2008, 12:02 AM
It's probably a but hard to fix it from here.

But as far as extracting goes, there is a thread on Dealdatabase.com which explains how to do direct extraction.

Peter.

Schumi
13-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks, but the problem has gotten a bit more serious. I re-imaged onto another drive and that got stuck in a re-boot loop :eek:. It is quite possible I may have some hardware issues so I will try to source another TIVO for spares.

I believe at this stage nothing more can be done to assist, so you might as well close the thread as I don't believe it will help anyone else.

petestrash
14-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Ok, thread closed.

But if you want to discuss the current issues, just open a new thread.

Peter.

Darren King
14-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks, but the problem has gotten a bit more serious. I re-imaged onto another drive and that got stuck in a re-boot loop :eek:. It is quite possible I may have some hardware issues so I will try to source another TIVO for spares.

Doubtful it is a hardware problem with the TiVo. I'll bet it is all hard disk related. However it is a bit hard to offer help in a closed thread :rolleyes:

petestrash
14-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Doubtful it is a hardware problem with the TiVo. I'll bet it is all hard disk related. However it is a bit hard to offer help in a closed thread :rolleyes:

I closed the thread at the request of the OP, and suggested if he wanted help with the new issues he could start a new thread.:confused:

I have re-opened it again if you want to help here instead.

Peter