PDA

View Full Version : Green screen of death??

skydive
30-03-2008, 04:57 PM
After following the instructions to reset the startup animation.

Only change was that the file number was 1506 not 1507.

I now get this on startup:

A severe error has occurred.
Please leave the Receiver plugged in and connected to the phone line for the next three hours while the Receive attempts to repair itself

DO NOT UNLUG OR RESTART THE RECEIVER.

If, after three hours, the Receiver does not restart itself, call Customer Care at...

I'd upgraded from 1.3 to 1.6 earlier today, that went fine, had done a couple of restarts and data down load since.

Any thoughts? Pretty sure my tivo isn't going to repair itself.

I can ping it and telnet to it still, browser fails to respond though.

Craig

petestrash
30-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately you have not read the instructions correctly. They clearly say to contact me if you have a number different to 1507.

1507 is the number used for all Australian V3.0 based TiVo's. The number may only be different if a image from another country was used (but so far none reported).

You are not the first who has made this mistake (which is why I ask to contact me first). You have read the number from a different page or field. on the page xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mfs/Resource/VideoClip There is a field next to long open with the number 1506. But this is the wrong field. You are supposed to click on long open and read the number next to the 'File' field.

You could Try:

[TiVo [p1] /var/hack]# ./mfs_import 1507 < LongOpen.mpv
starting mfs_import with args:
/mfs_import 1507
[TiVo [p1] /var/hack]#
[TiVo [p0] /var/hack]# reboot

If that doesn't work, Then I don't know of any easy way of rescuing your TiVo now.

If you have shows that are important to you, look on dealdatabase.com for info on how to extract it by placing the drive into a PC. If the shows are not important, then just reformat using the current CD.

Peter.

petestrash
31-03-2008, 09:50 PM
If you tried re-importing with the correct number, could you please post whether it worked for you or not.

Peter.

skydive
01-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Nah. Still dead.

Telnet still works, but it just GSOD's.

New 500Gb drive currently indexing data. (I'd been looking for an excuse...)

Could send the old 200 for investigation if you're that interested.

Cheers,

Craig

petestrash
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Ok,

I haven't heard of anyone having success, but it's always worth a try. I think there have been only 4-5 people in the same boat and a couple of thousand which went ok.

It's not worth my effort for so few people. I'd rather put my spare time into updating the current Oztivo ISO.

I might change the instructions so that the warning is in bold though.

I'm sure it will go better for you the second time :)

Peter.