PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox IR codes

Skolink
23-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I have been trying to get a TiVo to control a Dreambox model DM500S via IR blaster. I think someone else has such a box but I can't find any posts about it.

During GS I selected OzTiVo Dreambox for the IR code set but now comparing CableBoxCodeNum 30114 with the list here http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi it is listed as a Hills HSM075.

Looking in MFS using TivoWeb at "Component/Ir/TivoFormat/30114 the codes don't look the same as here http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi?cmd=browse&id=30114

I captured the codes with irSliceCreator, and with a digital scope determined the carrier frequency to be about 38kHz. The captured codes don't seem to work either.

Can anyone with a DM500S shed some light on this?

petestrash
23-03-2008, 07:24 PM
30114 was created by a New Zealander for the Hills Freeview box. I uploaded it to the OzTiVo slice.

We did have Dreambox at some stage though check mfs/Component/Type/2/, just don't know how it disappeared

Peter.

Skolink
06-05-2008, 06:20 AM
I've retrieved the Dreambox IR codes from our other TiVo I set up ages ago. They work fine on a friend's DM500S but mine is a bit intermittent. I've uploaded them to the IR database but didn't specify a model number so there is no link for people to download them. Won't be a problem once they are included in the database proper.

petestrash
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Do you know which model the codes do work with these codes, and i'll add them so the codes can be seen.

I'm going to build a new IR slice soon also.

Peter

Skolink
07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I can only confirm they work with Dreambox model DM500-S. They are not perfect though.
You will need to remove the link from "Oztivo Dreambox" to codeset 30114 in the IR database also.
Thanks.

petestrash
07-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes, thanks it's on the todo list, but a little unsure how to disassociate it using a slice. But I will get it sorted.

Probably won't be for a couple of weeks as I have lost ADSL due to a bad phone company churn and not likely to get it back for a couple of weeks, so now I'm stuck in the dark ages using dialup which is painfully slow and unreliable.

Peter.

kronk
07-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi All,

Just wondering is there was any update on the DM500s codes ? I have a few boxes I am trying to set up, but the listed codes for the Dream do not seem to work.

Many thanks for your help.

Kronk.

petestrash
07-06-2008, 02:02 PM
You haven't added your location to your profile.

If your in Australia then Skolink's codes are now in the slice and if they don't work, then I can't really help you.

If your in New Zealand, then maybe they haven't updated the IR slice. Ask DJC to do so.

Peter.

Skolink
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
No they are not in the slice yet. Follow these instructions, but using the attached file.
http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/IR/LoadCodesFromIRDatabase

The command to issue rather than streamaster is loadcodes

also i recommend turning off leading zeros bu issuing the command

dbset xxxx/xx RecieverNumDigits 1 note the way receiver is spelt (i before e)

The attached codes are the original OzTiVo set, but don't work too well. I haven't had any success trying to capture a new set.

kronk
09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your response Peter and Skolink.

I will give your instructions a try and see how I go.

Cheers,

Kronk.:)

kronk
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Skolink,

Did you ever get a set of codes that worked well with the dreambox ? I tried to create a slice with your listed frequency, but had no luck also.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Skolink
03-08-2008, 07:10 PM
No I haven't tried again, it's still on the to-do list. My previous work now has a proper digital capture scope, so I might see if that could be used somehow, I'm not sure how I would convert the captured digital data to a TiVo format though.
Also I intend to try again with the TiVo, but with everything including the compact fluorescent lights turned off.

stapla
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I've uploaded my working dreambox IR tcl file.

http://www.oztivo.net/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi?cmd=browse&id=30137

The other IR tcl's for dreambox didn't work real well. Digits 2,4,9 didn't work.

It was clear from the capture that these codes followed a loose pattern. I manually edited them and with a bit of trial and error, got them working ok.

Hope this helps.

BTW dreambox is a great setup !!

petestrash
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I have rolled a new slice today, so it has been included for Australian users.

Peter.

petestrash
09-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Actually just looking at the codes it looks like each is repeated (ie it send the same code twice for each key). It probably doesn't matter as it will be too close together to send double digits, but you may want to test removing them.

Peter.

Skolink
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks Stapla, those codes work better than the set originally included in the OzTiVo image. I discovered I had to move the IR transmitter a bit further away for them to work, as other people had suggested.

finethen
12-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Dreambox users, I have imported at least 50 DM500 clones over the last 12 months and there appear to be inconsistencies in both the behaviour of the remotes and the response of the boxes to TiVo codes, definitely two varieties of each and possibly three. It may be appropriate to list more than one tcl file for the Dreambox. I have not analyzed the reasons but I would be happy to swap your remote Skolink or lend you another to see if you can crack the reasons.
I still have boxes for sale and happy to swap, refund or repair any boxes I sell if they are faulty. Unfortunately exchange rate has driven the price up a little.

Skolink
13-01-2009, 06:04 AM
If you have a couple spare (one of each type) you could lend them to me to hook up to a scope. My first guess would be the carrier frequency, or the way the IR codes are interpreted by the Dreambox firmware.
Can anyone point me to a decent description of how TiVo IR codes are made up?
I'm sure I saw one a long time ago when reading through the IR code capture and conversion info on the wiki, but now am unable to find it.
Cheers,
John

finethen
13-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Does this help http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/IR/WebHome?

I have pm'd you regarding sending a coupla boxes.

Skolink
13-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm looking for the description of what each part of the code is for, for example the third number is the carrier frequency (eg 38). Some numbers represent lead-in, device code, the button pressed, lead out, etc. I can't find this description in the Wiki.