PDA

View Full Version : Problems with recent imported guide

kt_nz
28-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Just forced a daily update as I realised it hadn't updated recently (mainly due to network not being available, or Tivo not being on when it wanted to do the update).
It took prob 30 minutes before it had succeeded in the update.
However...
Season passes that I had set up don't detect the ep's in the new update.
Doing a search for Pushing daiseys doesn't find the prog's
Doing a search for House just finds the ep's on Vibe, not on TV3

Not done a reboot; should I need to do this?

Any ideas please?

catdog
28-02-2008, 06:27 PM
You probably just need to be patient.

Tivo goes throught two processes, loading and then indexing the guide data. Chances are it just hasn't indexed the shows yet. You can force it to begin indexing using telnet with the command "force_index.tcl", or just wait for it to happen automatically.

If that still doesn't work, then search oztivo or the forums for "warped clock" which can be another cause for your problem.

kt_nz
29-02-2008, 04:16 AM
yeah it was my usual problem of patience!! Tried it late last night when I got home and it's all working now.
Think I'll set the daily call to go late at night so it's all done by the morning.

Skolink
29-02-2008, 05:05 AM
yeah it was my usual problem of patience!! Tried it late last night when I got home and it's all working now.
Think I'll set the daily call to go late at night so it's all done by the morning.

Why not just let the TiVo do it's daily call whenever? It's only if you haven't had it plugged in for a week or two that you will notice anything.