PDA

View Full Version : Guide Data Issue?

MrGadget
21-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Just noticed I have no guide data after Sunday night despite daily calls proceeding according to plan.
Any one else with similar or is mine an isolated problem?

Cheers
Neil

nOsSi
21-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, TiVo at city house only has guide data until Sunday. I've made a couple of calls from TiVo at beach house which has been switched off for a month and it retrieved no guide data at all.

catdog
21-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Yep, no data after sunday...

redted
22-09-2007, 05:44 AM
My TiVo is in the same boat too, as are the TiVos of all the friends I've asked :(

DOlsen
22-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I know of three that are in the same boat.

dieterm
22-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Ditto !!
My Tivo had been packed away for a week during a house shift, and was wondering why there was no guide data - thought I may had to do another Guided Setup. Seems not to be the case.
So how do we go about fixing it ? The EPG on http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/epg/ seems intact.
The daily calls say that they have succeeded, so does that preclude any actual internet issues ?

Dieter

ColinSaunders
22-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I seem to have a similar but possibly unrelated prob, I'm missing channel data only for Disney.

I also note that the daily calls are really quick.

cs

Si-clone
22-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes, me too - had no guide data after Sunday.

So, assuming that it was my TiVo that was playing up, I cleared all Guide data and now I have nothing :-(

Downloading of data is extremely quick and indexing is over with in a flash.

I was wondering if the lack of the daylight savings update was causing a problem?!

Will update now and check.

MrGadget
22-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I was wondering if the lack of the daylight savings update was causing a problem?!

Will update now and check.

Well, I for one had updated for Daylight saving - so I would assume if you had not and we both have the same issue then that wont be the cause...

Si-clone
22-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Hmmm, well I was clutching at straws hoping it would be easy :-)

dread
22-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi, add me to those who's guide data runs out on Sunday. :(

Whats the common factor ? I'm on the new emulator & have recently updated my postcode zone file as per the daylight savings instructions.

Is it the server ? or something to do with the new file.

Dread

tonys
23-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Same problem here, had lack of data before and after updating timezone file, so guessing unrelated.

baj11
23-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Mine is the same. During the week there was no Disney channel info. Later in the week we found we didn't have any info after Sunday except TV3 News. Today there is some info for channels after Sunday but these have no program times so are unusable.

kiltannen
23-09-2007, 06:04 AM
I appear to be in the same boat as far as Disney goes.

There are also one or 2 other channels that are showing up as "TBA"

Hopefully somebody will come up with an answer soon... :( [My 4yr old daughter is getting quite disturbed at her shows not being recorded]

GreatDrok
23-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Finally got around to setting up the UK TiVO which I brought with me when I moved to NZ. It is up and working with my Sky Digital box but it won't download any program data. It spends ages setting the clock and then downloads something which happens very quickly and then it says it succeeded but I still have no programme data :(

redted
23-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi all,

I've just manually downloaded the slice from http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/slice/nzdev.slice and ftp'd it up to the TiVo (/var/log is a good location). Then I typed in 'dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice' and when that finished 'force_index30.tcl'. I now see lovely green # from Tues on in TivoWebPlus in the guide data checker for some of the channels, so it's looking more promising for me. Of course force index hasn't finished yet, so I'm hopeful the rest of the channels will come along soon.

One downside - still don't appear to have anything for Monday though...

Glad I could find that script that I used to have to run to manually grab the slice every day!!!

Hope this helps someone else...

Here's another option for getting the slice and applying it. Type the following commands from your TiVo telnet session
cd /var/log
rm -f nzdev.slice
wget 210.48.107.133/slice/nzdev.slice
dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice
force_index30.tcl

dieterm
23-09-2007, 09:41 AM
thanks Redted

Your second option worked a treat - though nothing until Tuesday.

The dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice took a good 30 minutes to process, but the force index was almost instant.

I'm running nzTivo image 1.5 - in case anyone else has a similar setup, to find a common cause. Wonder if the emulator port has been blocked, or similar - hmm

Dieter

MrGadget
23-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes, first option worked for me too - just nothing for Monday (a few Manual recordings now scheduled to fix that...)
FYI I'm running 1.6.2 with the Daylight Savings update applied.

redted
23-09-2007, 10:51 AM
I've just had a quick look and I think that our problem may stem from the fact that the normal slice is just 1 byte long...

Here's hoping that the slices are compatible at the moment, and if they're not, you might all regret loading the dev one instead :D

dieterm
23-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I notice that the guide is out for some channels - SkySports channels show Juice and J2 data - wasn't this the old Sky TV channel arrangement ? And nothing for Nat Geo, Discovery, Crime Scene and History channels ..:(

baj11
23-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I haven't made any changes and my guide is ok now except for Disney, Cartoon and Playhouse channels.

dieterm
23-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Hiya Baj11

Did you do a manual update as detailed previously via telnet session ?

jaidev
23-09-2007, 01:42 PM
The latest slices created at 13:14 today would have fixed things.
Force a daily call via Tivoweb or wait for the daily call.

clive
23-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, looks to be all sorted now, other than the 3 channels baj11 mentions. Just force a daily call and you'll get a data download that will take about 20 minutes to digest.

Server must have choked on a bone for a couple of days and is still spittin' bits out ....

jaidev
23-09-2007, 01:57 PM
looking into those 3 channels

kiltannen
23-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I made the changes suggested above - and it seemed to work - but as others had posted - the dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice took quite a while to process.

I forced a daily call - and it is currently digesting that so I am hoping it will all be back to normal goodness shortly.

jaidev
23-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Hmm those people that downloaded the nz dev.slice it is for the non - emulator legacy users.
Emulator users should NOT manually install this slice. It is based on the older guide system
Since the series id's and programm id's will be wrong your season passes may not work and you may see some duplicate guide data, this will continue until this data is out of the system possibly 1 week.

Disney, Cartoon and Playhouse channels should be fixed up in the next guide roll, when you tivo makes a daily call tomorrow it should see data for them.

catdog
23-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for fixing it jaidev :)

Finally got around to setting up the UK TiVO which I brought with me when I moved to NZ. It is up and working with my Sky Digital box but it won't download any program data. It spends ages setting the clock and then downloads something which happens very quickly and then it says it succeeded but I still have no programme data :(

I assume you are using the nztivo UK image? If so it is normal for "setting clock" to take 15 minutes. You can replace /bin/ntpdate (which points to /hack/bin/fixtime.cron) with the newer oztivo version of the ntpdate and it is much faster (file attached to this post)

GreatDrok
23-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for fixing it jaidev :)

I assume you are using the nztivo UK image? If so it is normal for "setting clock" to take 15 minutes. You can replace /bin/ntpdate (which points to /hack/bin/fixtime.cron) with the newer oztivo version of the ntpdate and it is much faster (file attached to this post)

Yes, the Thomson Image. Seems to be happily picking up the fixed nztivo.slice file now and programme guide is filling up. I'll install the updated binary thanks!

Happy to have my TiVo back up and running, life with a VCR just isn't worth living :D

GreatDrok
23-09-2007, 04:08 PM
OK, the update has given me all the programme guide data which looks right. However, the clock is an hour out for everything. I downloaded the new timezone file and installed it. The date command in the shell shows the correct time but the TiVo interface shows everything as being one hour later than it actually is. Any ideas for a quick fix?

Also, I installed the new ntpdate binary in /bin replacing the symlink to /hack/bin/fixtime.cron and the update failed looking up the account status :(

catdog
23-09-2007, 04:49 PM
OK, the update has given me all the programme guide data which looks right. However, the clock is an hour out for everything. I downloaded the new timezone file and installed it. The date command in the shell shows the correct time but the TiVo interface shows everything as being one hour later than it actually is. Any ideas for a quick fix?

Also, I installed the new ntpdate binary in /bin replacing the symlink to /hack/bin/fixtime.cron and the update failed looking up the account status :(

try running:

ntpdate -v 210.48.107.133

The response I get is:
oztivo ntpdate $Revision: 1.21 $
Our postcode is 02113. Found matching timezone Pacific/Auckland
Offset 43200 for timezone NZST, daylight saving is 0
Connecting to time server 210.48.107.133
Setting the local time to Sun Sep 23 19:41:02 2007

Also run:
dbget /Setup TimeZone
dbget /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy

Both should return "0". If they don't exist, you can create them:
dbsetx /Setup TimeZone 0
dbsetx /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy 0

If that doesn't work, I guess you should go back to using the symlink?
I don't think the failed getting account status error is related to setting the clock.

dieterm
23-09-2007, 05:15 PM
All working - guide seems to be complete, and in time and channel sync.

Thanks Jaidev :D

GreatDrok
23-09-2007, 06:25 PM
try running:

ntpdate -v 210.48.107.133

The response I get is:
oztivo ntpdate $Revision: 1.21 $
Our postcode is 02113. Found matching timezone Pacific/Auckland
Offset 43200 for timezone NZST, daylight saving is 0
Connecting to time server 210.48.107.133
Setting the local time to Sun Sep 23 19:41:02 2007

Yep, I get the same with the new code.

Also run:
dbget /Setup TimeZone
dbget /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy

Both should return "0". If they don't exist, you can create them:
dbsetx /Setup TimeZone 0
dbsetx /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy 0

Well, those weren't set but they are now and the user interface and recordings are now showing the right time.

If that doesn't work, I guess you should go back to using the symlink?
I don't think the failed getting account status error is related to setting the clock.

Agreed. I've put the new ntpdate back and I'll see if there is a problem with the next update. If not then fine. If there is then I can go back to the symlink. The date problem appears to be because of the TimeZone and DaylightSavingsPolicy settings so it is all good now. Just a few channels which are a bit on the fritz such as Sport 2 which I think others have seen too so I won't worry. My TiVo is working again so that is **GREAT** :D

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!