View Full Version : How to manage with 3 inputs

enoxx
14-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi All,

A quick question. I'm planning on using 3 inputs with my oztivo:
- DVD player
- DTB
- Foxtel

What would be the easiest way of doing this as there is only 1 input on the tivo?

Ive seen av switches with remotes, but can the tivo control these switches as well as the stb/foxtel at the same time (ie when recording the tivo would have to first change the channel on the av switch, and then on the stb/foxtel)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Darren King
14-09-2007, 06:58 PM
The only way is to pick two that you want the TiVo to automatically switch between and get the second input modification done. The TiVo does not have the ability to know of three inputs as it can only handle the selection of up to two.

So therefore one will either have to miss out or get manually switched. My advice would be to drop the DVD player and attach this as a secondary input to your TV if the TV has two A/V inputs. If the TV has only one A/V input then put a switchbox in to select either watching the TiVo or the DVD player. Then let the TiVo have the inputs from the other two and automatically switch between them and control the channel changes on these two devices.

enoxx
15-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Is it possible to do 2 inputs (foxtel and digital STB) without the second input modification?

petestrash
15-09-2007, 05:38 PM
not if you want them to switch automatically.

Peter

Darren King
15-09-2007, 06:06 PM
What Peter said.

enoxx
15-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the help guys.. You really are awesome :)