PDA

View Full Version : thin grey line across the top of the screen

seanbossert
29-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey guys

Firstly, Thank you.
Now to do with the grey line. I used to live in canberra and had my tivo set for that state then I moved to melb recently and being the idiot that I am and I didn't read any instructions. I changed a few things on my tivo that i shouldn't have and ended up with that grey line across the top (email if you want the details on how to get that line). Considering I had just moved I didn't really have the money to get it repaired so I was fine with losing the data I did have on the box. Did a clean install with the 1.4image?(the one before the latest image) and during the setup process the grey line was there but on the final screen going "wait 4-6hours..." it dissappeared.

Anyway just thought I should post this in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Cheers
Sean

petestrash
29-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the forums.

I have moved your post as it was not really relevent to the thread that you posted in.

Peter.

Darren King
29-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forums.

The thin grey line on a TiVo that is in anything other than Guided Setup is not normal as you mention. The reason why you had this line is because software called "palmod" is not loaded correctly and this can be fixed without resorting to a complete reimage depending on people's level of confidence at working with the TiVo file system and Telnet.

However since you did reimage I will make brief mention that the latest image should always be used where possible, and others are encouraged to image with (at time of this post) R1.6.2 and also noting to update the installer at the time of imaging via the appropriate PC menu and then also performing the update_oztivo -y command soon after the hard disk has been put back into the TiVo. This ensures all latest updates are installed.

Lastly, the tin grey line while the TiVo is in Guided Setup is completely normal and will disappear by the time the main TiVo Central menu appears.