PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent interference on picture

ashleyd1414
29-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

I have a UK Tivo, which I have upgraded with your excellent software to work over here. It's all good, except just recently it's developed an issue whereby you get snow that comes and goes both in the menu, live tv, playbacks etc. I've changed the scart cable, no go. Taken it all to bits, cant see what could be causing the issue. I recently fitted a cache card and wondered if that has something to do with it ? Any ideas ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks all, you are stars !

Darren

Darren King
29-03-2007, 07:10 PM
If you suspect the cachecard then remove it. The TiVo will boot without it even though it will show an error on the cachecard boot screen, but will continue to run regardless after a few moments.

I'm tipping however that you have an MPEG decoder related fault as I have seen this issue before. It is probably heat related too so leave the TiVo switched off for a few hours to cool down (try overnight) and then plug it back in with the internal fan disconnected but the cover on. See if the problem is not evident straight away but reveals itself in time, an gets progressively worse over half an hour or so.

This is only a guide and depending on the root cause of the fault may or may not happen but we have to start somewhere. The good news is that if it is hardware related it is repairable.