PDA

View Full Version : Channel 10 guide data times out by 40mins

Neilwa
27-03-2007, 03:37 AM
I have noticed that since Daylight saving ended last Sunday morning, my guide data for Channel 10 is out by 40mins for all programs throughout the week. All other channel times are OK, just 10 is affected. I'm using Free-EPG grabbing the Oztiva data with Vista Media Centre and I'm located in Adelaide SA.

For example, Judge Judy is listed on the EPG to start at 3:40pm when it actually starts at 3:00pm
News at 5 listed to start at 5:40pm when it actually starts at 5:00pm

I checked the listed times at the Oztivo web interface for Channel 10 and noticed all the times are OK there (e.g. Judge Judy is listed to start at 3pm and News at 5 at 5:00pm) so i'm not too sure where the problem lies. Any suggestions? Thank you for your assistance!

petestrash
27-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry, no idea here.

40 minutes is a strange ammount.

We can support actual guide data issues, but as you have found the data is ok.

I suggest you post in of the MCE forums.

Peter.

Neilwa
27-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for your reply, Petestrash. I've emailed the guys at Free-EPG too just to be sure it's not related to it. People have been posting weird guide irregularities on the VMC forum (such as not being able to schedule recordings for specific channels or programs) but I thought my issue was related to the change in Daylight Saving. I'd not read anyone else posting a time related problem. In the meantime I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything but the guide still shows Ten's News at 5 at 5:40pm!

petestrash
27-03-2007, 06:10 PM
We also have a mailing for tvguide issues, which is used by many MCE & Myth users. So far we have not had any complaints about our XMLTV feed since the change in daylight savings.

I can't think of a timezone that would be 40 minutes off SA, 30 minutes would be different. Strange it is only channel Ten.

Sorry I have no experience with Free-EPG or MCE.

Peter.

Neilwa
27-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi Petestrash,

Thank you again for your follow-up. I decided to uninstall Free-EPG and then reinstall running the basic Free-EPG guide. Channel 10 showed up with correct timing. So then I uninstalled Free-EPG and reinstalled, this time selecting Oztivo. The Channel 10 programs were once again 40 mins out. So, I uninstalled Free-EPG and installed IceTV. All programs are at their correct times. So, I guess the bottom line for me is I will see how IceTV goes for 30 days then I will check Oztivo again after that.

At least I've mentioned the issue and you're right, no one else has mentioned a similar problem on the MC forum. It's rather weird - the only variable I can think of that may have caused this problem was I remember being up very early on Sunday morning and noticed the clock was not correct on the computer.... so I altered it manually. Then, I remembered the syncronize function and activated that which altered the time again but automatically. I can't remember whether I started up VMC in between these two actions. Apart for that, I can't think of any other reason that may have corrupted something on my rig (which is only a few weeks old).

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

petestrash
28-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I have double checked the XML data in case it is wrong, but the web ok.

It shows:
- <programme start="20070327073000" stop="20070327083000" channel="Ten-SA">
<title>Ten News at Five</title>
<desc>Local, national and international news, sports, and weather coverage.</desc>
<category>News</category>
<category>News and Business</category>
- <rating>
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

Which is correct 07:30 UTC + 09:30 SA time dfference = 1700 or 5pm.

Again 40 minutes is a really weird amount.

Peter.

Angle
28-03-2007, 06:56 AM
I also had the same problem in VMC. I ended up installing Free*EPG last night instead, even though I prefer the OzTivo guide, as I had some scheduled recording on 10 that night so I had to have an accurate guide or it would have missed the start of the show. I might try OzTivo again in a week to see if its fixed.

Edit: forgot to mention I am also in Adelaide.