PDA

View Full Version : Digital Free to Air and Austar and other questions

Smegger
07-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I have been reading the FAQs for half a day or so. I didn't even know we could get TIVO in Australia so here are some real Newbie questions.
Can I plug the Digital STB and an Austar Sat Box into TIVO?
Can I record a Digital channel while watching another or an Austar channel?
If I buy a TIVO from the US - what about the different power input?
Can I record from the TIVO to a VCR?

I'm sorry if these have been answered before but I haven't been able to find them. Thanks for any advice

tenty
07-06-2004, 03:50 PM
I have been reading the FAQs for half a day or so. I didn't even know we could get TIVO in Australia so here are some real Newbie questions.
Welcome :)

Can I plug the Digital STB and an Austar Sat Box into TIVO?
As far as I know, you can only plug ONE input into tivo via RCA.

If I buy a TIVO from the US - what about the different power input?
The voltage is not a problem. there is a FAQ on minnie about that, to cut a long story short, it works without any adaptors and such. All you need is a Figure 8 cable from Dick Smith for about $10 (maybe more/less?)

Can I record from the TIVO to a VCR?
Yes. You can output to a VCR if you wish. You can also use tivo as a VCR if you can't get the guide data ;)

I'm sorry if these have been answered before but I haven't been able to find them. Thanks for any advice
Pleasure. Sorry about one question though, I dont know how to answer the Digital/sat box problem as I don't have enough knowledge in it.

Smegger
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks for that tenty. I think I will give this a go. Looks like Eklectic are out of stock at the moment so I will wait till they have some. In the meantime it looks like I have a lot of reading to do do.

Thanks again.

Charliektm400exc
07-06-2004, 08:23 PM
You can have the two inputs from a digital STB and austar at the same time, it just takes some hardware mods and some extra software programming to make it work. I'm sure there is something on Minnie about it.

Charlie