PDA

View Full Version : IR problem

tomeagles
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Ran Guided Setup using Wintel-30070/Fast 1.6.2 on my Philips box as listed in :

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Howto/AddSecondSetTopBox

Now I'm stuffed in switching between channels on STB.
Kinda suspecting possibly hardware issue on my IR-port. :rolleyes:

Is there any tool possibly to check it port is working well, other then throwing in another known working STB/IB blaster cable instead?

Any comments/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
tia!

Darren King
05-03-2007, 07:54 PM
If you have a video camera or a digital still camera with an electronic viewfinder then point the camera at the IR Blaster and change the channel. Because modern CCD camera sensors are also sensitive to IR light you should see the Blaster flash through the viewfinder. There is also an internal IR Blaster in the front panel "eye" too.

IR port failure is very rare. So rare in fact that in all the boards I have had to look at with a hardware fault (somewhere conservatively in the order of 100+ boards to date) the number with faulty IR ports is currently zero. That's not to say it won't ever happen but more to emphasize I would be casting suspicion on either a faulty IR lead or most likely an improper IR code pick.

tomeagles
06-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the prompt responses Darren, really appreciate that.

Am wondering if there's anyway to track/contact Twiki username ChasHulse or CharlesHulse ?
Would like to further investigate issue with my STB Digicrystal SDT-8850, since he's also using the same model.

Darren King
06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Charles Hulse is a member of the OzTiVo community and frequents www.oztivo.com mailing list. If you go to www.oztivo.com and put hulse into the mailing list search field you will find some posts by him. From there you can get his email address noting that email addresses have been modified to combat spam (ie the symbol @ is replaced with at which you will have to substitute).

D.

tomeagles
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks again on your quick responses for the tip, mate!