PDA

View Full Version : Manually enabling the video input

ciper
25-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I've always configured my tivo for cable over rf and satellite over video input. I only have cable so I uncheck all of the satellite channels in "channels I receive." This allows me to manually record whatever is coming in over the video inputs.

I've recently stumbled across the add-whole-channel.tcl script. I was wondering if it was possible to configure my Tivo for cable only and then use this script to add a single channel that is using the video input? I don't need guide data.

Tonight I tested the script but it doesn't seem to work properly on my Tivo. When I execute the script it returns a greater than prompt and I cannot return to the Bash prompt without hitting ctrl-c

Thanks for your time

petestrash
26-02-2007, 10:45 PM
check www.nztivo.net (http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Post_Setup) under "Manually Adding Channels" for the syntax you need to use.

add-whole-channel.tcl <Channel ID> <Channel Num> <ShortName> <LongName> <A/V ID>

Peter.

ciper
27-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I think I had the correct syntax.

I ran "mls.tcl / |grep Setup" to get the input IDS
I then ran "dumpobj.tcl XXXX" to get the source ID
I used that number to run add_whole_channel.tcl as you listed it.

Has anyone successfully used this script? What should I expect to see if it is functioning properly?

petestrash
28-02-2007, 02:11 AM
I've used it a long time ago. From memory there is no output.

After running the command type exit to get out of tivosh mode and then reboot. The new channel should then be available to select.

Peter.