PDA

View Full Version : Need to get FOXTEL on my tivo

macguy
02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Okay so i went thru the setup, and am in main. mode now, however the only channel that displays is Channel 9 - Cricket.

I checked out my channels in my setup and it shows only the free to air channels.

I have foxtel digital, how do I add this all in?

Do i need to finish maintenance mode and then do a reset of my machine etc?

cheers
wilson

petestrash
03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Did you complete the guided setup ?

Did you select Foxtel Digital as your 2nd input source ?

Follow the guide @ GuidedSetup16 (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/GuidedSetup16)

Peter.

macguy
03-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Okay, I redid my whole setup.

Now, its downloading all my foxtel tv guide data.

However, I went into the tivo setup (on main screen) and provided the first and second input - which is fine.

Now, I flick thru choosing my IR codes, and it changes channels on my foxtel box.

I then click SELECT to save it .

However, when i click on "watch live tv" and start flicking thru it, it gives me whats on along with a description, but ONLY STAYS ON THE SAME CHANNEL.

Do I need to wait until the 4 - 8 hrs of guide is completed and then restart for my IR codes to register and change channels.

Because, as I TRY to change channels i can see it communicating with my foxtel digital cable box ( as the red button on it flicks) but it doesn't display and only remains on the same channel.

Help is greatly appreciated, I'm very sorry for all the silly questions as I am only new to this.

( YES I HAVE RAN THRU SETUP PROPERLY).

Cheers
wil

Did you complete the guided setup ?

Did you select Foxtel Digital as your 2nd input source ?

Follow the guide @ GuidedSetup16 (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/GuidedSetup16)

Peter.

petestrash
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
You do not need to wait for indexing to be complete for the IR to work properly.

Are you using IR extenders or the inbuilt blaster?

Are they in the same position as when you were running guided setup?

Peter

petestrash
06-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Wil,

I have tried to respond to your email, but you have emails disabled in the forums.

I am happy to try and help resolve your problems, but lets keep it here on the forums so whatever the result it may be helpful to someone in the future. Also many others can see what issues you are having and may be able to offer assistance.

Peter.