PDA

View Full Version : UK TiVo with Wireless and USB DVB-T TV Tuner

excelthoughts
01-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi,

I am new to all this. I am considering getting a UK TIVO Series 1. I am wondering whether I can plug my USB AverMedia DVB-T TV Tuner Card into the TiVo, and also connect to my Wireless modem. Apart from:

* TiVo
* Network Cache Card
* 120gb+ HDD
* Wireless ethernet bridge

Do I need anything else? Is there anyone else who has done this sort of thing successfully?

Darren King
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
The type of TiVo we use here does not have a USB port, so what you want to do is not possible. I don't think it is even possible with TiVo's that DO have a USB port, not that they work here anyway. If you want to use an external digital source (the internal tuner does work but is only analogue) then buy a cheap digital STB.

As for your other list of items, apart from imaging the hard disk with the current OzTiVo R1.6.2 software (use the Philips R1.6.2 on your UK Thompson) available here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/PrepareTiVoDisk you have the basics listed to get you going.

Given you are new to it all I will point out that a cachecard does not have RAM fitted and it is something extra you will need to buy, although they do work as a network card only without RAM and you can add it later. In all honesty even with a cachecard fitted it only slightly increases the recorded list of programs. If you want to save a bit of money then just go for a normal Turbonet/Terbonet network card.

Apart from that, have a good read of the links regarding Guided Setup off the link given above and have a little patience. You'll be fine.