PDA

View Full Version : Ir

batta
29-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Guys...new problem.

The tivo is working a gem, but the STB is still set to Melb and i need it to be Syd. The tivo says Syd, what i think the problem is, the IR leads i have facing the STB. How do i update the IR, ive gone to the IR database and got the ones for the Teac STB, but how do i put the file on the tivo.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Dave.

batta
29-01-2007, 04:52 PM
wtf am i doing wrong, ive copied across the file and am trying to run it via tel net but am getting this error

[TiVo [p0] /bin]# source stb.tcl
bash: proc: command not found
bash: global: command not found
bash: /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl: line 24: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
bash: /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl: line 24: ` }'
: command not found
bash: proc: command not found
bash: foreach: command not found
bash: /bin/stb.tcl: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
'ash: /bin/stb.tcl: line 12: ` } else {

very frustrating :mad:

Darren King
29-01-2007, 06:41 PM
If the Teac STB is already listed as per the list on the OzTiVo website explaining how to set up the TiVo then there is no need to be manually adding anything. Just pick "OzTiVo Teac" and then the relevant code as per the list on the OzTiVo website associated with your STB while doing Guided Setup.

Your phrase "the STB is still set to Melb and i need it to be Syd" is non-sensical because the TiVo does not know where the STB is, nor does it care*. All it is concerned about is three things:

1. that you have picked the right channel lineup for your location (this would be "Digital FTA NSW" or similar)

2. that you have selected the right input (ie either composite or s-video). If you can see a picture and hear sound from your STB through the TiVo then you have this correct

and 3. the correct IR code to communicate with your TiVo, which you can test while doing guided setup so you know you have got it right.

*the only thing the TiVo cares about is that your STB has the right channel digits for the corresponding channels as listed here:

provider: 02001 New South Wales FTA
version: 19
lineuptype: Digital
channel: 0 NoNag
channel: 1 Ten-NSW
channel: 2 ABC-NSW
channel: 21 ABC2 DoNotShift
channel: 3 SBS-NSW
channel: 5 Ten-NSW
channel: 5 SC10-NSW
channel: 6 PrimeN
channel: 6 PrimeS
channel: 7 Seven-Syd
channel: 8 NBN
channel: 8 WIN-NSW
channel: 9 Nine-Syd
channel: 33 SBSWN DoNotShift
channel: 4 Digital4
channel: 40 Digital4
channel: 41 ABC_RadioNSW
channel: 44 Digital4
channel: 45 ServiceNSW
channel: 48 TABNSW
channel: 49 EXPO
channel: 401 HOUSE
channel: 402 SENATE
channel: 403 CMTE

Note you won't receive all these channels in your area, but the relevant ones for Sydney would be at least 1, 2, 21, 3, 7, 9, and 33.

The other thing that could be wrong with your STB is that if it was tuned for Melbourne and it is now in Sydney you may have to tell the STB (not the TiVo) to rescan so it picks up the relevant channels for your area.

batta
29-01-2007, 09:01 PM
sweet, it's working !~

the only weird thing is, i cant log into tivoweb and i cant go into the phone/recorder menu. though i can ping the wireless cable card fine :confused:

Darren King
30-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Great :)

With TiVoWEB (it's actually TiVoWEB+ on the new images) there may be two reasons:

1. If you are being asked for a username/password then enter oztivo for the username and no password

2. If TiVoWEB+ is not even getting as far as reason #1 then try entering this into your telnet prompt:

echo 0 > /hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/CrashCount

Then reboot the TiVo.

Also it might be a good idea to ensure you have downloaded all the latest software patches by ussuing a update_oztivo -y command.

batta
30-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Great :)

With TiVoWEB (it's actually TiVoWEB+ on the new images) there may be two reasons:

1. If you are being asked for a username/password then enter oztivo for the username and no password

2. If TiVoWEB+ is not even getting as far as reason #1 then try entering this into your telnet prompt:

echo 0 > /hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/CrashCount

Then reboot the TiVo.

Also it might be a good idea to ensure you have downloaded all the latest software patches by ussuing a update_oztivo -y command.

Darren King, had it not been for the fact that you are a male, id give you a big fat sloppy kiss, :D

It's all working now, thankyou all for you patience and help !

Darren King
30-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Darren King, had it not been for the fact that you are a male, id give you a big fat sloppy kiss, :D

The wife might get jealous :D

Glad to be of assistance. Happy TiVo'ing.