PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Mantenance Mode

Trevor Francis
28-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi

I am in dire need of help on the following problem. I have searched FAQs and Forum but have not found the problem mentioned:

When trying to find a program to record, I was locked out with the following message at foot of screen; "organising program guide data. Pick programs to record will be available in 4-8 hours" .

Next day, message still there - been there several days.

Though unable to set to record, I was able watch previously recorded programs

I have tried the following:

By web browser connection, within Main Menu/PAL/NTSC tab have selected "set PAL Guided Setup Mode", rebooted, and TiVo starts up in Maintenance Mode.

Within Maintenance Mode, progress through to Setup Call, which is completed. And so on to Connection To Recorder; this shows "S-Video, L/R Audio", "Status: Video OK". Click Select to continue returns me to Connection to Recorder in an endless loop. (Presume I am unable to continue to Infra-red Blaster setup) I've checked that there is a video signal to the TiVo

Went through this process several times, also turned off power to TiVo and then rebooted again. Still unable to record (above message remains), unable to complete Maintenance Mode. Now can only enter Maintenance Mode. Have also cleared Scheduled Programs & Wish List. Selected from Restart Tab the Full Reload tab and rebooted. No change. Calls and Updates continue to be completed successfully.

The TiVo has worked marvellously since I purchased it in September 2005.
It's a Sony, with TiVo version 3 release 1.4.

I hesitate to ask but I am at a loss on what to do next. I would very much appreciate your help. Thank you

petestrash
28-01-2007, 03:51 PM
When you are re-doing GS the STB section is a little different to running it the first time.

Within Maintenance Mode, progress through to Setup Call, which is completed. And so on to Connection To Recorder; this shows "S-Video, L/R Audio", "Status: Video OK". Click Select to continue returns me to Connection to Recorder in an endless loop. (Presume I am unable to continue to Infra-red Blaster setup) I've checked that there is a video signal to the TiVo

After you press select to continue on the 2nd connection to recorder screen and you are returned to the 1st connection to recorder screen have you scrolled down to the bottom of the page? There should be an 'Accept these input settings' field which you can move to and press select to move on to the next step.

Peter.

Trevor Francis
28-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Thank you.
I knew I'd be embarrassed by posting the "problem", but what else to do.
My only excuse is, to me at least, the stupid way the Yanks have set up their menus.

Thank you for such a quick response
Regards
Trevor

petestrash
28-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Good news.

Peter.