PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - help please - uk tivo - serial connection

David
03-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi

I have been trying to get my UK Tivo up and going with no success so far. I have just got as far as installing the UK image and have come to a stop at the point of installing Cachecard drivers. There seems to be a problem with installing Cachecard drivers on large HDD's (200gb) via PC. I have posted queries regarding this to Silicondust. Among other things, it was suggested I try a native install of these drivers, so I made a serial cable.

I have tested the install of the UK image and the Tivo boots up to the guided set up.

I can establish a connection to the Tivo using HyperTerminal. While the Tivo boots I can see what looks like random symbols with the occasional recognisable word inside such as "Bash:", "no job control in this shell", “Tivo” and finally “logout”. See copy of text below:

~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& ! }'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~bash: H}$~~no job control in this shell/ë~~}*ash}#J~~[TiVo [S3] }^]# K}!~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!}}4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~~ }#À!}!}!} }4}"}&} } } } }%}& !}'}"}(}"}+6~logout

I do not get any further than this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

David

David
05-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi

I did a little playing and found that I needed to change the configuration settings in HyperTerminal to 9600 bits per second, Databits: 8, Parity: None, Stopbits: 1 and flow control: None

Now onto installing the CacheCard drivers.

David

rp1790
07-06-2004, 05:01 PM
What image did you put on the UK Tivo?

David
15-06-2004, 06:08 PM
I used the pvr10uk.255.oztivo_emulator.release1.3beta from minnie.tuhs.org.
http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/images/

I assume this is the correct image to use.