PDA

View Full Version : re-select channel before recording

theshermans
25-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed (I searched forums and mailing list but couldn't find any info...).

Questions:
1 - Is there any way to get the Tivo to reselect the channel before it starts a scheduled recording (Tivo thinks its on the right channel but my kid has changed the STB so records wrong channel)
2 - Is there any way to make the Live TV program guide data jump ahead quicker than the forward button which seems to move it at 3 hour or so increments (I'd like to be able to jump to a day or time much easier than searching for shows to record)?
3 - Much trickier question this time... I have Foxtel and FTA STB connected (thanks for the mod Darren!) - both are set to output 16:9 - all good. I have used an AV sender to also send the signal to a second TV which is not a widescreen TV. My understanding is that signal in = signal out with Tivo - so I guess I am wondering is there is a QUICK way (preferably via Tivo remote) to get the Tivo to format the output itself to widescreen or 4:3 irrespective of the input signals (I am guessing not...)

Many thanks guys!

petestrash
25-01-2007, 01:12 PM
1 - Is there any way to get the Tivo to reselect the channel before it starts a scheduled recording (Tivo thinks its on the right channel but my kid has changed the STB so records wrong channel)

It should already be doing this, unless your kids also cancelled the channel change TiVo shows a message a couple minutes before recording starts where you can select yes to change the channel when needed or no to stop the scheduled show from being recorded.

2 - Is there any way to make the Live TV program guide data jump ahead quicker than the forward button which seems to move it at 3 hour or so increments (I'd like to be able to jump to a day or time much easier than searching for shows to record)?

No, use TWP on your PC it can show the whole week on one screen.

3 - Much trickier question this time... I have Foxtel and FTA STB connected (thanks for the mod Darren!) - both are set to output 16:9 - all good. I have used an AV sender to also send the signal to a second TV which is not a widescreen TV. My understanding is that signal in = signal out with Tivo - so I guess I am wondering is there is a QUICK way (preferably via Tivo remote) to get the Tivo to format the output itself to widescreen or 4:3 irrespective of the input signals (I am guessing not...)

The TiVo doesn't really know about widescreen or 4:3, as you thought signal in = signal out.

Peter.