PDA

View Full Version : software update question

spook8000
23-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi, I've got a Philips Series 1 Tivo, been pal tuner modded and all works fine, but it occured to me that the software I'm using ('the emulator?') is version 3...something, am I running the right version?.. I've been off the forums for some time, and am seeing v1.6 now?.. Is this the version of software I should be using? and is there an upgrade path for this software now?

Thanks in advance, Spook8000

Darren King
23-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi there

ALL OzTiVo software is based on Version 3.0 USA software, even the latest R1.6.2 (note that is R for revision, not V for version).

The easiest way for you to check your current version is to reboot the TiVo and note what the release number is on the OzTiVo "Starting Up" screen.

There is an upgrade path, and more information on that here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Howto/UpgradeOzTiVoImage

spook8000
23-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Ahh!! Now the penny drops, I've just checked my version, and it's like 3.0 rev 1 !
So it looks like I've been away a LOOOOONG time!.. Thanks for the help! I would love to see this simple comment in the FAQ.. It's often the little things that get forgotten. :)
I'm off to look at what I'm up against.

Cheers.

petestrash
24-01-2007, 02:04 AM
check /etc/oztivo_version or /etc/oztivo-version for the exact date and file revision.

Peter.

PS if what you are using works and your happy with it, there is no rush to update.

spook8000
25-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the extra info, when I more oztivo-version, I get 1.3.. So it looks like I may have an upgrade path after all.

Cheers, Spook8000

petestrash
26-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Most people have made the move from 1.3 with few problems.

Thus far only heavily customised images have been a bit messed up.

Peter.