PDA

View Full Version : Making a series Episodic...

MrGadget
22-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi,
I've just reimaged a new drive with V1.6.2 on the 8000 port emulator and have everything running better than ever...
However I tried to set up a new season pass for Heroes (TV3) and found the option unavailable. In the past (when I was on the port 80 emulator) I would log into http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows and change the series to Episodic = True, so I did this again for this series, but after several daily calls, I still can not set up a series pass...

Am I doing something wrong? Is http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows used for guide data on this emulator ?

Cheers
Neil

DJC
22-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Yes, both port 80 and 8000 use the same shows database, so the episodic flag works the same for both emulators.

The automatic process is that on the first showing a show is not episodic, but when a repeat is found it at the same time the following week it is set as episodic by default.

In this case looking at orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows the manual=TRUE flag is set and the episodic flag is set. So your settings are correct, and the show should be episodic in all new slices.

When did you make the change? Remeber data is +3 days, so it may not have been picked up for this week?

MrGadget
25-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I changed it approx 1 week before my first post - sometime around 14 Jan. I waited for a week because I expected this to take a short while.

I'll try it again when I have Heroes show up in the guide data...

MrGadget
26-01-2007, 04:12 PM
No - still no change - with Fridays (todays) guide data adding in Heroes for next week, I still can not add a season pass for it. (and a Wishlist brings up far too many programs)...

Any thoughts?

DJC
26-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Yes, I checked that myself. Further, I've checked the source files and entries are flagged episodic, so the database entry is correct. Am going to have to have a closer look at this one ...

DJC
27-01-2007, 02:31 PM
OK, this looks like a versioning issue. The old web interface didn't bump the version number in the series record. It does now! And the specific programme is now season passable. Good spot!