PDA

View Full Version : My TiVo thinks Im a child! HELP!!!

oscarg
21-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi Guys.

I have had an ozTivo for the best part of 3 years, gone through a few different installs and currently running 1.6.2 and all is great except...

When the TiVo goes to records its own choice (the TiVo round icons at the bottom of now playing) It nearly always selects childs programs.

At first it was funny, although slightly weird since there are no children in the house [queue joke about immaturity blah blah], and I have never watched any kids programs on TV.

I have removed the 5 or 6 childrens channels from the list of channels (nickelodean etc) on the foxtel, so at least it doesnt get them from there. Now its seems to just get kids programs from the free to air channels (how does it know where to find them anyway?).

Every time it records a childrens program, I give it the program 3 thumbs down, then delete the program. UNfortunately there are so many childrens programs, that it seems a bit futile.

Of the last 7 programs (TiVo choices) it has recorded, 5 of them have been childrens programs. As I said, it was funny at the start, now its just getting annoying, as the TiVo choices feature is essentially wasted. This problem only occurs on the latest rebuild (previously I have TiVo 1.3)

Any ideas or helpful hints. I was going to do a reinstall, but unless I know what is happening, I can't guaruntee that it won't happen again.

Thanks

Oscar..

petestrash
21-01-2007, 05:58 PM
As you know, suggestions are handled by thumb predictions.

It's just as important to give 3 thumbs up to shows you like as it is to give 3 thumbs down to those you don't like.

If you want to start from scratch there is no need to re run GS, there is a 'Reset Thumb Ratings & Suggestions' option in Messages & Setup>System reset.

The more positive thumbs you give the quicker the childrens shows will dissappear.

It's also important to keep an eye on the shows you are recording and giving positive thumbs to. The genres on some of those shows may be incorrect which is what caused the issue in the first place.

Peter.