PDA

View Full Version : nic_config_tivo probs

vmancini
07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Guys,

I was hoping it would be some time till I wrote to you all again but I've run into some more trouble. I've been trying to work the TiVo on my network but haven't been too sucessful, I reimaged the TiVo hoping it would help the situation but I've found that nic_config_tivo keeps skipping the option to change gateway address so its constantly locked in as 192.168.0.1. I know I'm going against the advice but I've been trying to edit /etc/oztivo.conf but it's read only and my attempts to chmod it have failed.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Vito

Darren King
08-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Hi Vito

Two things here that may help:

1. You can set up networking when imaging from the CD via the install menus, therefore eliminating the need to run nic_config_tivo afterwards

2. I'm assuming you are back on the Mac, but ensure that like the WIndows terminal program PuTTY it is not sending the wrong type of return key command (for PuTTY this is "Return key sends telnet New Line instead of ^M"). More info can be found here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Howto/TelnetToYourTiVo

Darren

vmancini
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks Darren, a lifesaver as usual

lol, Is there anything you don't know?

Vito

Darren King
08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, Yes.

I don't know the majority of software stuff, as in programming or tweaking. That I still owe a big debt of gratitude to those who do.

What I do know in the software arena is mostly repetitive setup problems I have picked up along the way by virtue of seeing so many TiVo's.

Hardware is still my main domain :)