PDA

View Full Version : IR Codes for TEAC TV

jamesljm
04-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I am looking for the IR codes for a TEAC TV EU3242ST.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

jamesljm

petestrash
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
If it's not shown @ irdatabase.cgi (http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi), then no one has created it.

Have you tried all the existing Teac codes incase on matches.

Peter.

jamesljm
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks

I have looked at the IR Database and that seems to be for the Tivo IR Blaster. I am looking for the Remote Codes to control the Power and the Volume on the TV.

petestrash
04-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry, scanned your post too quickly. Don't usually get questions on TV controls.

There are no codes for any Teac sets.

But to find one that may work, you need to try the following proceedure.

To perform a code search, perform the following steps:

Cover the end of the TiVo remote control with your hand.

To search for a code to control TV Power and Volume: Hold down the TiVo and TV POWER buttons simultaneously until the red light on the remote control remains on.

The red light on the remote will illuminate until the code search is complete.

Remove your hand from the end of the TiVo remote control.

To search TV Power and Volume codes: Enter code 0999.

After you enter the code, the red light will flash three times and then remain on.

Press CHANNEL UP once every two seconds. This will test hundreds of codes, one by one.

Do not go any faster than this or you may skip over a code that works.

TV Power and Volume: If you press CHANNEL UP and your TV turns off, press ENTER to select the code.

If you cycle through all the codes, the red LED will go off, indicating that you have tried all the codes.

If you went through this process and you do not find your code the first time, you might want to try the process a couple of times to make sure you did not skip over your code by going too fast. If you cannot find a code that will work, your brand of TV or stereo may not currently be supported.

Peter

jamesljm
09-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks that worked

petestrash
09-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Great to hear.

Peter.