PDA

View Full Version : TivoWebPlus Web Remote doesn't work

KaroriPete
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi,

I have a Philips Series 1 Tivo running the NZ 1.5 image. I've just changed my rc.sysint.author file to run TivoWebPlus (V1.2.1) instead of the standard TivoWeb.

I can connect to it from my browser without any problems and everything seems to work OK except for the Web Remote.

Clicking on the buttons on the image of the remote control does absolutely nothing. I've also tried changing to the text version. Clicking on this simply reloads the image of the remote control but has no effect on the Tivo.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete.

petestrash
04-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Are you using Thomsons TWP?

If not get it from thomson.tivo.googlepages (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus) this is the best version for use in Au/NZ.

Have you stoped TW from starting when you edited the .author file.

Have you checked the tivoweb log to see if there were any errors on starting.

Peter

DJC
04-01-2007, 04:58 AM
As a side note the NZ images use Thomson's TWP by default.

petestrash
04-01-2007, 03:10 PM
As a side note the NZ images use Thomson's TWP by default.

Does that include V1.5 as the original poster said he had to modify the .author file to have it start on boot ?

Peter.

DJC
04-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Ahh, all NZ images are based on oz v1.5. The original NZ customisations used tivoweb meaning the poster may have an original NZ image and therefore may have had to make the mod. For about the last 6 months the NZ images have used Thomson's TWP distro.

TimesOwn
04-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I think the NZ Thomson image is still v1.3? (I note the TiVo in this case is not a Thomson.) Unless the RC1 iso has been upgraded TWP still needed adding, certainly the beta needed it. (I don't think I can be sure unless I install the RC1 or ask here?)

DJC
05-01-2007, 06:52 AM
The thomson image (maintained by jaidev) has been significantly updated in NZ (with NZ specifics) from the original 1.3 that was floating around - the initial derivatives of 1.3 being the alpha/beta testing releases.

RC1 does include Thomson's TWP as is the default for all current NZ images.

The RC1 setup has been tested with pretty much clean and simple installs. The only thing we are aware of needing to be done is to update the image's cache card drivers.

KaroriPete
05-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi again,

The version I have has both TivoWeb and TivoWebPlus installed. The rc.sysinit.author file has a line to start each version but the TivoWebPlus one was commented out. I commented out the TivoWeb and uncommented the TivoWebPlus.

I've attached the log file below as it does seem to reporting an error, but I have no idea what the problem is - maybe a file or directory permission problem?? It doesn't actually seem to be related to the web remote module however.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Pete.

TivoWebPlus Project - v1.2.1
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
Loading modules...
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confres
favicon
index
-initializing logo index
-initializing channel table
--caching 84 channels for source of type=5 (CableBox)
-initializing genre table
-initializing now showing cache
-initializing season pass cache
info
lj_mrtg
NONE couldn't execute "/hack/tivowebplus/get_space": permission denied
while executing
"error $error"
(procedure "get_totalsizes" line 9)
invoked from within
"get_totalsizes"
(file "/hack/tivowebplus/modules/lj_mrtg.itcl" line 327)
invoked from within
"source $module "
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
mfsbrowser
pal_ntsc
phone
reboot
remount
resources
Loaded 89 resource definitions
sched
search
spaceused
theme
ui
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xplusz
Accepting Connections

petestrash
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
v1.2.1 is well out of date.

I suggest you upgrade to 1.3.1, which should also fix the errors.

grab it here (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus)

Peter

KaroriPete
07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks Peter - good suggestion. I upgraded and it did indeed solve the problem. Also addded some new features to play with so I'm a happy camper again. :D

Cheers,
Pete.

petestrash
07-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Good news.

Peter.