PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone supply a working image

beastman
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Apologies for asking this question again but I thought it would be a good idea to start a fresh thread to specifically ask this question as I am running out of time.
I have a UK tivo that I am planning to take over to NZ to give to my sister's family in Napier as a present. The problem is I need it hacked to work. I have 2 UK tivos over here in the UK that I have hacked myself but I don't think I am going to be able to successfully hack this NZtivo without serious help.
I would pay someone in Auckland if they could put a working image on my tivo as I am in Auckland for a couple of days around the 20th of this month. Alternatively if someone could post a working image on the net that I could image across to my machine that would be good to try I guess.

By all means take a look at my original thread and if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?p=8961#post8961

jaidev
16-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi we are currently working on an image and should be up quite shortly. Are you are you able to image up the uktivo when you are in Auckland? Or do you require the image beforehand?
If you require it before hand I can supply the mfs image to you however you need to be quite confident in using the MFSTOOLs to restore it to your uktivo.

UPDATED: We have released RC1 of the UK Thomson image, see below post.

jaidev
16-12-2006, 01:13 PM
We have actually fast tracked the image we were working on and have released it as a (RC1) Release Candidate 1.
You can find it on our FTP site, orac.caffeine.co.nz in the images directory, it's named nzTiVo-Thomson-Installer-Dec06RC1.iso

Couple of points with this RC1 image

1. If you dont see anything when you have the Scart output connected to your TV, connect up the Tivo RF output to the TV and tune your TV on a channel till you see the Tivo Guided Setup screen, this is because the scart output may not be available on some TV's till a scart setting is changed to RGB which is only available after Guided Setup. You should change the RF output channel from 60 to something else when Guided Setup prompts you to, you will then need to re-tune your TV channel.
2. Don't worry about the staticy/snow sound you hear when using it in RF mode during guided setup, this is fixed up once you reboot after guided setup.