PDA

View Full Version : Optus Cable User

TerryRoch
06-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I bought my daughter a Tivo and she has Optus Cable TV. Tried Foxtel Oztivo for IR as there is no Optus selection. Anyone know which model works with Optus in Victoria.

Thanks a million.... Terry

petestrash
06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
That would depend on what make and model cable box she has and whether the codes exist for it. The codes are listed by manufacturer.

the most common analog box for Optus is the General Instruments 550, which uses code 10006. You will find it listed alphabetically after the OzTiVo codes.

Peter

TerryRoch
08-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I bought my daughter a Tivo and she has Optus Digital Cable TV that uses a Pace DC420NO box. Tried Foxtel Oztivo for IR as there is no Optus selection. Anyone know which model works with Optus in Victoria.

Thanks a million.... Terry

Darren King
09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Have you tried DS420NF (TiVo IR code 30055)? I was always under the impression that this model (designed for satellite) is the same as the cable version in IR code compatibility.

That fact that it is categorised under "Foxtel" won't matter. We are not talking about channel lineup in this instance, merely the "language" the IR Blaster communicates in that the box can understand.