PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Upgraded to 1.6 image and no longer connect to TiVo!

reni10
05-12-2006, 09:57 PM
i just upgraded from the 1.5 image to the 1.6 image tonight and I now can no longer connect to my tivo through my router or using a direct ethernet connection even though the TiVo UI messages is saying the TiVo has obtained the IP address 192.168.1.250 which is what it should be!

I do not have a serial cable to attach so is there any alternatives to resetting the TiVo Turbonet card config???

Need help please....

Can not ping or telnet to 192.168.1.250????

petestrash
05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Only 2 options, pull the drive and run the networking setup from the latest iso or serial cable.

Peter.

reni10
05-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Only 2 options, pull the drive and run the networking setup from the latest iso or serial cable.

Peter.

Damn!

Is there any guide on how to just run the network setup from the ISO without affecting anything else on the drive?

Looks like that is what will have to be done!

Wibble
06-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Personally I'd use a serial cable. It's actually very easy to make.

See ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install/tivocable.jpg

Using 9600 8-N-1

Darren King
06-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Is there any guide on how to just run the network setup from the ISO without affecting anything else on the drive?

I have not tried it, but I would assume that so long as you only select the hard disk you want to work on and then go into the networking menu and don't actually select to install the image then it should not pose any hassles.

reni10
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I have not tried it, but I would assume that so long as you only select the hard disk you want to work on and then go into the networking menu and don't actually select to install the image then it should not pose any hassles.

Yep it worked fine doing this...

Just had to change the MAC address back to the previous address as for some reason it would not work with the one that was inputted into the config!

All good again now, thanks guys....

petestrash
06-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Just had to change the MAC address back to the previous address as for some reason it would not work with the one that was inputted into the config!

Usually that would only occur for two reasons
1. The MAC conflicted with another MAC on your network
2 You have permissions set by MAC on your router, so only the approved MAC's have network access.

Peter.

PS. When using the CD installer script make sure you always select the script update feature first as there have been many updates since the ISO was made. A little late for you, but might help others following this thread.

reni10
07-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Usually that would only occur for two reasons
1. The MAC conflicted with another MAC on your network

Yep I think I assigned the MAC address to be the same as the MAC address of my wireless bridge by accident!

All good now anyway, lucky I followed the upgrade guide and kept a backup of the config files on my local computer and was able to change it back using the ISO installer.