PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel IR and 1.61 image

dr k
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
So, after my 1.4 never fully recovered from a warped clock, I re-imaged to the new 1.61 this morning.

Now, I can't seem to get the IR blaster to work. I've selected that exact same IR code as previously, and even tried a bunch of other codes - but still no success.

When you go to test the IR code (by pressing Ch Up/Dn) there isn't any video coming through either.

EDIT:

I was still in guided setup mode - once I restarted everything was fine.

dr k
07-11-2006, 09:52 AM
OK - after a myriad of guide data problems, I re-imaged yet again this morning.

I can say with absolute certainty that the IR blaster doesn't work during the initial guided setup, or during subsequent guided setups after the initial installation.

petestrash
08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
The blaster sould work even in maintenance mode. there is a test during GS where you select the correct code and speed, this uses the Blaster.

Peter.

dr k
08-11-2006, 03:51 PM
there is a test during GS where you select the correct code and speed

Yes - but the blaster doesn't work. Luckily I remembered what my code was so it wasn't a big deal. Also, no video signal was coming through during the GS.

When you select your input source, it came back saying "Video OK", but in the next step (choosing the IR baster code) no video came through.

I plugged the rca directly into my TV and it worked fine - and once GS had finished it also worked like normal - it was just during GS that the problems occured.

petestrash
09-11-2006, 03:34 AM
The symptoms you list sound like you ran NTSC GS and not PAL GS.

was this the original re-image to the new version or a subsequent GS.

Peter.

dr k
09-11-2006, 08:55 AM
was this the original re-image to the new version or a subsequent GS.

Yep - the original 1.6.1 re-image (which I've done twice with the same results).

I'll run the PAL guided setup now and get back with the results.

dr k
09-11-2006, 09:10 AM
OK, the PAL guided setup worked. So, for me, it's just when re-imaging that the IR blaster doesn't work.

petestrash
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I you have the time, could you download the current image ozTiVo_installer_Philips_1.6.2_20061106.iso (http://files.oztivo.net/images/iso/ozTiVo_installer_Philips_1.6.2_20061106.iso) and see if you are having the same issue during the initial GS.

I am aware of one other person who has had similar problems with 1.6.1, but many who have not.

Peter.

dr k
09-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, I didn't get very far with the new image. It got to the First Setup Call and failed reporting that there was 'No dial tone'.

EDIT: I've just posted this to the mailing list and we can take it from there...

petestrash
10-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Kamal, did you see Warren's reply to your post on the mailing list?

You have not responded to his questions, but you have replied to another post which was posted later.

Peter.

dr k
10-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Eeeeek - I replied to Warren, but not "to all". All sorted now.

petestrash
10-11-2006, 11:12 AM
No problems, just wanted to make sure you saw the original reply.

Peter.