PDA

View Full Version : Lost TV2 sound

finethen
04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi Guys, For some reason TV2 (Auckland FTA) sound won't come thru on my Thomson, any ideas? All other channels are fine. The Philips machine is fine. Thanks for any ideas.

catdog
04-11-2006, 08:37 PM
TV2 working fine for me in auckland (internal tuner, UK 2.5.5)

perhaps you could play with the nicam settings? http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/NzStereoSupport

MrGadget
05-11-2006, 08:41 AM
May be an out there option, but if your fed off a Sky box, try resetting that...

finethen
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Thank you guys, just repeating some of the stuff in my first post,

1. yes my other US Tivo is working fine and

2. as you can hopefully see from my signature I am on FTA using Pal tuner on both machines no skybox in sight.

I will try fiddling with the NICAM thing.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

petestrash
06-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Is this a new install, or has the sound just stopped ?

Also if practical you may want to swap the 2 TiVo's over in case it's a signal strength issue at the UK TiVo.

Peter.

finethen
21-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Hiya, thanks for the reply, sorry I've been away. It's the same install and sound was originally working well.

I have substantially improved the signal input recently with a new masthead amp. Could this be the problem?

I am a little reluctant to do a reinstall as it was a wee drama last time picking up the Auckland guide data and I needed intervention from DJC and Jaidev.

petestrash
21-11-2006, 09:15 PM
I have substantially improved the signal input recently with a new masthead amp. Could this be the problem?

It is certainly possible, as I suggested earlier 'You may want to swap the 2 TiVo's over in case it's a signal strength issue at the UK TiVo.'

That way you will know for sure whether it's a TiVo issue or just lack of signal strength at the UK TiVo's location.

Peter.