PDA

View Full Version : moving to oz and bringing UK tivo

matt
04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi

Im moving to Melbourne next year from the UK and will be bringing my UK tivo with me, I have purchased a 200GB hard drive and already have a turbonet card installed, Is it worth while installing the latest image and making sure everythings working fine now (I can switch the drive back to the UK image once its all tested) or should I wait till I get there? I am eager to get it all up and running so if I run into problems I can try and sort it out before the big move.

I assume that swapping the drives around wont mess up my UK lifetime sub as the OzTiVo system is independant of TiVo Inc?

Thanks for any help.
Matt

thomson
04-11-2006, 09:42 AM
There is probably not too much point imaging before you move. I say this because one of the main parts of the Guided Setup is configuring the inputs and getting the remote codes correct for the particular STB as well as configuring the FTA channels (if you also wish to use the tuner). The other reason is that the images are constantly being updated to fix up minor issues so if you hold off then if any issues did exist then they would have been picked up and fixed by the UKTivo users in Australia.

Having said that, if you have a few hours to kill one evening/weekend then I don't see any harm in having a go and seeing how far you can get? :)