PDA

View Full Version : No program data? TV Guide.

mr_gibbon
02-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey all, I had to do a "Clear todo list" on my box.

I then forced the daily call after a restart.

But... I dont have any program data (TV Guide)? The call went thorugh ok, but under info on the web interface I see that the TV guide is only updated to 1 Jan 1970, lol.

How do I force a reload of the TV Guide?

Thanks!

mr_gibbon
03-11-2006, 12:01 AM
OK, did a force index through telnet, and waited.....

Got this message when checking:
[TiVo [p0] ~]# grep 'Sweep done' /var/log/tvlog
Nov 2 23:45:56 (none) DbGc[185]: Sweep done (eSucceeded) -- rescheduling marking in 61200 sec

So I guess it worked.

But still no guide?

Help! :)

Darren King
03-11-2006, 03:23 AM
Warped clock, perhaps?

See here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/MyTivoSaysIHaveNoGuideData

mr_gibbon
03-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Nope, couldnt find that error :( Grrr

With the forced index, is it over when the bash prompt comes back or does it carry on in the background?
The force index only seems to take a few seconds on my machine if its done when the prompt comes back.

mr_gibbon
03-11-2006, 05:32 PM
OK, well I tried to do a "Restart Guided Setup" from the reset menu, and the box came back to the main menu with a banner at the bottom of the screen saying that it res reorganising the guide data and it would be available in 4-8 hours.
Hope this works.

Anyone else seen this?

Cheers!

Darren King
03-11-2006, 05:59 PM
OK, well I tried to do a "Restart Guided Setup" from the reset menu, and the box came back to the main menu

That is normal. You cannot redo Guided Setup in normal operating mode. The correct procedure is explained here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/PrepareTiVoDisk#Redoing_Guided_Setup

with a banner at the bottom of the screen saying that it res reorganising the guide data and it would be available in 4-8 hours.

Then wait 4-8 hours (even better: overnight) and see what happens.

mr_gibbon
04-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Nothing happened over night :(

Ended up re-imaging this morning.

:)

petestrash
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
With the forced index, is it over when the bash prompt comes back or does it carry on in the background?
The force index only seems to take a few seconds on my machine if its done when the prompt comes back.

It continues in the background for half and hour to many hours depending on the ammount of data to be indexed.

Peter.