PDA

View Full Version : Telnet issues

ccarey
22-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi all,

For some reason my Tivo isn't letting me in via telnet. I can get in via FTP or tivoweb but I am unable to get a command line.

Is there any way around this? I figured the telnet daemon probably crapped out but I can't see a way of restarting it without the command line. Rebooting the tivo didn't help.

Incidentally this is the first time it's happened and it appears to be completely spontaneous - the thing hasn't been touched (in terms of config changes etc) in over 6 months now...

petestrash
24-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Your screwed...

Well not really, only two choices left, plug in a serial cable and try the local console though chances are it won't work either.

2nd option pull the drive boot with the installer cd and try and see why it's not loading.

Peter.

I'll mention this to Thomson, he may be able to write a module for TWP which can show what processes are running.

ccarey
25-11-2006, 08:57 PM
just as spontaneously it's started working again. I have a suspicion it might have been a problem with my router (which i have recently replaced)

petestrash
26-11-2006, 12:38 AM
That's good to hear it may have been blocking the port.

Also the current version of TWP now has a script option so you can see what processes are running.

Peter