PDA

View Full Version : ozTivo suggestions only from one input

RussellC
20-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi, I have had an ozTivo with an internal tuner for quite a while now, and I recently added a second input source - a digital set top box. I just had to be able to record Captain Scarlet on ABC2.

Ever since then, Tivo's suggestions have only been for shows that appear on the STB, no analogue channel suggestions show up.

I *thought* that the rerun of the guided setup went smoothly, maybe I was wrong?

RussellC

Darren King
21-10-2006, 08:49 AM
This is normal. I have the same setup on the bedroom TiVo and if I have the PAL tuner and STB channels activated the TiVo always preferences the STB even if I tell it to do recordings from the PAL tuner. For example PAL tuner channel 10 is on "10" and STB is on "1" and even if I am picking programs from the "10" list (PAL tuner) they always record on "1" (STB).

Why? No idea. The only solution is to go into your preferences menu and uncheck the STB channels you don't want the TiVo to use so they are never selected.

RussellC
21-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I have actually done that Darren. The STB is only used to get SBSWN and ABC2.

The other chennels on the STB are un-ticked, and only accessible via the analog tuner.

As a consequence, suggestions are only recorded on those two channels.

petestrash
22-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I have heard the same behaviour once an additional source is added, but don't unfortunately have a solution.

As a side issue, why aren't you using the STB to record the other channels anyway. I would have thought the results better than the internal tuner.

Peter.

RussellC
22-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Believe it or not, the reason is channel change time.

I have a couple of channel surfers in the family who insist on using the tivo, and they grumble abut the change times via the IR Blaster...

Eventually, I'll just snap and make the change I suppose.

Darren King
22-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Believe it or not you are not the only one who chooses an internal tuner over an external box for the same reason, or because of flakey IR blasting.

petestrash
22-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I have a couple of channel surfers in the family who insist on using the tivo, and they grumble abut the change times via the IR Blaster...

Live Tv...Commercials...Yuk.

You can't be using the TiVo to it's full capacity. There should always be something to watch in Now Showing that has been previously recorded either scheduled or suggestions.

Add a few more season passes/Wishlists, so your TiVo always has something for everyone. That should stop the channel surfing.

Peter.

daggo
22-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Live Tv...Commercials...Yuk.

Yes but have you seen what's on TV at night when no ones watching :eek: If you want 1900 contest or make a dontation to the church of dead heads....

But I have the same thing if I enable ABC and SBS on the pay box then TiVO won't record them from the FTA STB.

petestrash
22-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Yes but have you seen what's on TV at night when no ones watching :eek: If you want 1900 contest or make a dontation to the church of dead heads....

Yes, but that's exactly why I said if your using your TiVo properly, then you should alway have plenty of prerecorded shows to watch.

Then you never see live TV or commercials and time to change channels is not an issue as there is no need to surf anymore.

Peter.