PDA

View Full Version : Adding channels: add-whole-channel.tcl

argo
18-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi

Trying to add a few new Sky channels (20, 21, 22, 24, 35). I have used the how-to from the "Post Setup-NZ Tivo" guide ie:

add-whole-channel.tcl <Channel ID> <Channel Num> <ShortName> <LongName> <A/V ID>

This I ran from from the /var/hack/guide directory.

Unfortunatly it fails! Here is a copy of the screen:

[TiVo [p0] /var/hack/guide]# dir
add-av.tcl
delallsources
add-channel-to-existing-station.tcl
delsource.tcl
add-fta.tcl
lssources
add-stb-composite.tcl
mkchannels
add-stb-svideo.tcl
removesource.tcl
add-whole-channel.tcl
[TiVo [p0] /var/hack/guide]#
[TiVo [p0] /var/hack/guide]# add-whole-channel.tcl 7998020 20 Movies "Movies 1" 2274/12
bash: add-whole-channel.tcl: command not found
[TiVo [p0] /var/hack/guide]#

From the directory list I see "add-channel-to-existing-station.tcl" . Should I use this command instead?

Any help would be appreciated!

DJC
18-10-2006, 05:57 PM
How come your not on the emulator? its all handled for you.

argo
18-10-2006, 06:23 PM
How come your not on the emulator? its all handled for you.

Hi DJC. Not sure what you mean by "on the emulator", but during Guided Setup (of latest NZ image) I only chose the channels that we were Sky subscibed to.

Apparently we are now subscibed to the other channels I listed in my last post. She-who-rules-the-remote now wants them included in the Tivo Channel list.

DJC
18-10-2006, 06:59 PM
If you did a guided setup with the latest image you are on the emulator. The stuff you are reading relates to the old manual way of doing a tivo setup.

On the main emulator all available channels are there.

Go into the 'messages and setup' menu, then 'my peferneces' then 'customize channels' and finally 'channels you receive' ... then select the channels that you want to add in.

argo
18-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Many thanks DJC - so easy! I feel silly :p