PDA

View Full Version : Tclient vs Loadguide

martythompson
24-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi there

I have UK Tivo running a self modified version of 2.5.5. I tried the OZTivo image a year or so ago and it seems to lock up regularly so went about having a play and it has been working fine recently.

With some help from "thomson" back in May 2006 I was able to get TV1,2 and 3 through RF, and Sky through AV. I use a cron job to check for Guide Data using LOADGUIDE via my broadband connection. I could never get TClient to work correctly.

Recently, with the change of UKTV and Prime, i've run into an issue which I need some help with. I changed my loadguide.conf file to use 210.48.107.133:8000 and I am getting data ok, but I still don't have MTV or Prime and UKTV around the right way.

Last night, after reading the Prime/UKTV Post I started Guided Setup again. Note to self - Bad mistake if you can't make a daily call using Tcleint. Anyway after my restore from backup i'm back where I was.

My questions:

Is the reason MTV hasn't shown up and Prime/UKTV still not right because i'm not using the daily call function or should I still be able to get these changes using LOADGUIDE. Should I be trying to fix the daily call and ditch the LOADGUIDE Cron?

Secondly, Is anyone with a UK 2.5.5 running an OZTivo image. Is it performing ok?

Would appreciate any help or comments

Thanks

thomson
25-09-2006, 05:55 AM
I have UK Tivo running a self modified version of 2.5.5. I tried the OZTivo image a year or so ago and it seems to lock up regularly so went about having a play and it has been working fine recently.

There is a v2.5.5 NZ image available that jaidev kindly created that supports the local emulator. If you wish to have a play you can download it here (ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install_images), you want the use the nzTiVo-Thompson-Installer-BETA.iso (ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install_images/nzTiVo-Thompson-Installer-BETA.iso). There is a thread here (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1160) if you wish to discuss the image. I still roll-my-own guide data :)

jaidev
27-09-2006, 07:43 PM
There is a v2.5.5 NZ image available that jaidev kindly created that supports the local emulator.

To be updated soon and out of BETA, I promise.. just a little busy for couple more weeks..

martythompson
01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Sounds good

Will keep and eye out for it and will look at imaging up another drive and running it for a bit

Cheers

Marty