PDA

View Full Version : Cachecard problems...

UncleArthur
10-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to get a second Tivo going - and are having problems with getting the cachecard working. Have reimaged using the latest 1.5 NZ image, and selected cachecard as the network interface, but on startup I don't see any sign of cachecard drivers loading and don't get a link LED or CACHE LED - is it normal with the new image not to see the SiliconDust driver loading?

I've tried removing the RAM - with no difference. Starting to think I have a hardware problem with the card... would the LINK LED come on if the correct driver is not loaded ?

I might try the 'old' image and see if there are any differences...

Any help would be appreciated...

DJC
10-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I just loaded a v1.5 image this evening on a cachecard machine. Without ram it displays some error on the silicon dust screen, but works fine. With ram the percentage bar comes up, loads and works fine. The image I used was downloaded from orac tonight, it was the philips one.

Not much help, I know, but at least a benchmark for you.

UncleArthur
11-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks DJC,

Does make me think it is possibly a imaging / config problem - even if it couldn't find the cachecard, I'd still expect the SiliconDust driver screen to load...

Will keep trying...re-image / re-configure ... before re-place!

Darren King
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks DJC,

even if it couldn't find the cachecard, I'd still expect the SiliconDust driver screen to load...

Correct. Even with no card attached you should still see a SiliconDust screen.

UncleArthur
11-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your help - all going now - seemed that it was an imaging problem, looks like the drive I was using is somehow faulty. Tried a different drive and voila... might try a low level format ...

FYI - the cachecard LED's operate as follows...

Top LED (GREEN) = Power - should be on all the time
Middle LED (GREEN) = Link - will only come on soon AFTER SiliconDust driver loads, with valid network connection
Bottom LED (RED) = Cache - will be on solid while SiliconDust driver loads and then flashes during normal operation when cache is written to...

I also managed to install a PAL tuner and its looking good - FTA channels all OK - just can't seem to get Prime for some reason (have tried 783.250 Mhz - as I'm in Wellington & receive direct from Kaukau...)

Thanks again...

DJC
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I also managed to install a PAL tuner and its looking good - FTA channels all OK - just can't seem to get Prime for some reason (have tried 783.250 Mhz - as I'm in Wellington & receive direct from Kaukau...)
Thanks again...

783.250, is channel 60 right? which is the channel listed in the wellington FTA headend.