PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the authors of OzTivo iso

andrew
19-05-2004, 12:46 PM
I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to all the team where have brought the OzTiVo to where it is today. A mate and I got two TiVo's up and running from nothing in about two hours last night thanks to the awsome work and instructions you folks have done.

I can not believe how easy it was! :D

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

kely
20-05-2004, 10:52 AM
I wanted to add my thanks as well. Using the latest image 1.3 I was able to get the Tivo up and running in a couple of hours. And, my God, there is no going back. The Tivo made Pay TV actually user friendly, I can actually select shows I want to watch and watch them when I want.
Thanks for all the hard work that it took to make it so easy for the rest of us.
Kely

hughleslie
10-06-2004, 09:49 PM
All those involved have done a fantastic job!

cruncherqpr
22-06-2004, 10:16 AM
I would like to fully agree with the above posts a fantastic effort.

curto
23-06-2004, 11:20 PM
All the hardcore guys hang on the OZTIVO mailing list - send them a thanks - especially Tridge, Andrew Palm, Warren and Ed

Craig

parscheese
25-06-2004, 02:09 PM
THANKYOU! :) :) :)

You guys have all done a great job. It's a testament to being a great job that so many people manage to get their TiVo working first time in only a couple of hours and therefore don't even have to come and visit the forums to get help! So I think it's great that someone started this thread in order for us people with no problems to still get involved, even if just to say thankyou.

tenty
29-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Making the topic sticky. Feel free to post more thank you's and I'll forward them towards Ed, Warren, Andrew and others if we get more posts ;)

Fletch
29-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Just like to add my thanks as well, if it wasn't for a dodgy serial cable, and ordering the wireless card after the tivo had already arrived, I could have had my tivo up and running from order to watching in less than 5 days.

Hope to Dog we can sort out the guide data 'copyright' issues.

wilddog
09-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I agree, Thanks

ScubaGary
13-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Just wanted to also add my thanks to the authors of OzTivo iso.
Set up last night without a hitch.
This morning working perfectly.

Thanks guys.

Great job.

Gary

Kinetic
05-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Same here - got my 1st tivo on tuesday - working fully that night after work.
sweet as.

Very well done to all the people who make oztivo possible!!! THANK YOU ALL.

elarbee
06-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks to everyone who got this going for us!

Thanks to everyone who keeps it going!

:D

FrancisChan
26-08-2004, 08:06 PM
I've never used linux or unix in general and still manage to get my Tivo up in a few hours. And it is awsome, much better than the DVRs I had been looking at buying. Thanks to all concerned at Oztivo.

Francis

Raff
06-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Just wanted to express my sincere thanks too! My wife wants especially to thank you guys, she wouldnt know what to do if the TiVo wasnt working!!

Thanks
Raff

PS why do I suspect that a woman or two were involved in the development of TiVo? :)

zollymonsta
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
PS why do I suspect that a woman or two were involved in the development of TiVo? :)

Nah, not possible. There's no 'record all soap operas and talk shows' button on the remote. :D

moored99
10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
I to would like to add my thanks to all involved in OzTiVo I got mine from the USA via EBAY on Friday and had it working by the next day what I don’t understand is why it hasn’t taken off on mass it is such a useful product and so easy to use. I have decided to get a CacheCard and I am considering having the tuner converted to Australian (using a digital DGTEC 2000A on the front end).

Mick Molloy
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to all the team where have brought the OzTiVo to where it is today. A mate and I got two TiVo's up and running from nothing in about two hours last night thanks to the awsome work and instructions you folks have done.

DITO from me it was SO easy to setup... all worked as stated in the instructions
THANKS

pjpete
06-06-2006, 09:47 PM

One of the best things I have paid for (apart from my divorce lawyers bill)
Glad to have stumbled across the TiVo, and the great work done by OzTiVo to maintain the system.

MattCanavan
17-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Just like to add to the thanks, it is a life-changing technology and one that will surely become more widespread soon. Although I didn't find it that easy to setup that was all due to my lack of tech know-how.

My main issue was that I was taking baby steps so tried to get the serial cable going before buying a turbonet card. First, while I was opening my serial/usb adapter (I was using a laptop) I sliced my finger trying to get through that tough plastic. (Ended up with 5 stitches but they were worth it for the Tivo). Next when I updated mdmhayes.inf I placed a copy in the same directory. Took me a couple of frustrating days to work out that Windows was still pointing to the old copy not the new file. (A sign of this happening is if you don't get the warning about not passing Windows testing when installing the modem. Should I update the Wiki with a note to reflect this for future users?)

I overcame all of these issues, eventually got a turbonet card and a second input, it's working great and I'm back in the wife's good books (I think she was sceptical of the project at first). I would never have got close without your help. Also a big thanks to Darren for doing the hardware changes, he provides an extremely useful and prompt service.

Only remaining issue is that the ACT headend does not seem to be downloading foxtel data (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1468&page=2). Currently, working around this by manually uploading and I'm sure I'll fix it soon. Also, despite my tech naivety I'm keen to help out. Would helping to update tv guide be the best way I could?

Thanks heaps,

Matt

petestrash
17-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Only remaining issue is that the ACT headend does not seem to be downloading foxtel data (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1468&page=2). Currently, working around this by manually uploading and I'm sure I'll fix it soon.

Keep an eye on that thread, we are working around the problem and now know what the cause is.

Should be fixed soon.

Peter.

deadline
05-06-2013, 12:56 PM
hello friends am new to the forum

alvittos
06-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Just wanted to also add my thanks to the authors of OzTivo iso.
Set up last night without a hitch.
This morning working perfectly.

MarkCrittenden
31-03-2019, 09:32 AM
I to would like to add my thanks to all involved in OzTiVo I got mine from the USA via EBAY on Friday and had it working by the next day what I don?€™t understand is why it hasn?€™t taken off on mass it is such a useful product and so easy to use. I have decided to get over the counter phentermine 37.5mg (https://thefecaltransplantfoundation.org/phentermine-over-the-counter/) a CacheCard and I am considering having the tuner converted to Australian (using a digital DGTEC 2000A on the front end).

I was opening my serial/usb adapter (I was using a laptop) I sliced my finger trying to get through that tough plastic.

AndrewWoodard
07-07-2019, 07:24 AM
I to would like to add my thanks to all involved in OzTiVo I got mine from the USA via EBAY on Friday and had it working by the next day here i found testogen (https://www.coastandards.org/testogen-review-results/) what I don?€™t understand is why it hasn?€™t taken off on mass it is such a useful and so easy to use. I have decided to get a CacheCard and I am considering having the tuner converted to Australian (using a digital DGTEC 2000A on the front end).

Most of what you guys talk about is incomprehensible to me. Thanks.

RaymondJohnson
25-08-2021, 10:05 PM
I've never used linux or unix in general and still manage to get my Tivo up in a few hours. And it is awsome, much better than phen375 https://www.coastandards.org/phen375-reviews-results/ review and results the DVRs I had been looking at buying. Thanks to all concerned at Oztivo.

Francis

There's a reason most places where successful authors actually share strategies and data are by-invitation-only groups..

IanKIng
29-09-2022, 06:23 AM
I found my Tivo Box in an opp shop while they where still being supported in NZ. I heard them mentioned in a marketing workshop as the best product with the worst marketing. When support stopped i had it updated to work with the oztivo set up. Its still going strong. A big thank you to the community.

Boricle
20-12-2022, 01:21 PM
Thankyou all OzTivo experts - it's amazing that my TivoHD is still going strong and working well.

Have a great Christmas all - you're incredible.

Boris.

MartinHot
22-08-2023, 12:54 AM
I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to all the team where have brought the OzTiVo to where it is today. A mate and I got two TiVo's up and running from nothing in about two how to take phentermine 37.5 for best results? (https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/how-to-take-phentermine-37-5-for-best-results-top-five-tips-to-boost-your-results-with-phentermine-otc-news-311994) hours last night thanks to the awsome work and instructions you folks have done.

This is very good to know. Everything is easy if you try to work hard. :)

FloranceE
18-12-2023, 08:12 PM
I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to all the team where have brought the OzTiVo to where it is today. A mate and I got two TiVo's up and running from nothing in about two hours last night thanks to the awsome work and instructions about phen24 https://phenforlife.com/phen24-reviews/ (https://phenforlife.com/phen24-reviews/) you folks have done.

Agreed with you! @andrew