PDA

View Full Version : ¿Now Playboy?, switching emulators

slipmat
10-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Excuse the topic but this is really bugging me

I was a little shocked to see "Amateur Angels 13" in my now playing list recorded on Thursday 20/7 4:15am. The description states a charge of $10.99 will be added to my account. On closer inspection it appears to be a something called "The L word" and the channel selected was definitley channel 2.

I still can't find any evidence of why this program was booked, but I am thanking my stars TiVo didn't brute-force my Sky digital PIN and start recording p0rn all on it's own =). This has happened on another occasion where United Travel Getaway was booked yet it appeared as another X-rated show in Now Playing.

Has someone been messing around with the guide data on the NZ emulator or did that RPM I accidentally download from a .ru domain fully backdoor my PC and now someone 0wns my TiVo?

Or could it be some sort of corruption with my guide data? I am currently using the legacy emu 210.48.107.133:80, is there any way I can switch to the master emulator on port 8000 without blowing away all my data and shows? The instructions at http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959 for converting whilst preserving recordings and season passes are a little unclear - do I repeat GS from the menu or do I just hit the "Set PAL Guided Setup Mode" link in TiVoWeb?

Here's the tail of my tclient.conf. Who the <removed> is Dennis anyway, can I remove that?

# Dennis' Emulator
126::66.23.218.193:80:::
# This is for the server emulator on minnie. Trouble if your ISP blocks HTTP .9
#127::131.244.9.101:80:::

# This uses emuProxy2 to avoid problems with transparent proxy. Thanks Tim!
#127::127.0.0.1:8000:::

# NZ Emulator
127::210.48.107.133:80:::

So many questions.. thanks in advance guys,

Matt

thomson
10-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Or could it be some sort of corruption with my guide data? I am currently using the legacy emu 210.48.107.133:80
Others who are running on the "port 80" emulator have also mentioned the season pass titles are being mixed up, so it's likely to just be an issue on this emulator. I would say that the sequence numbers for the season passes have either been reset or have wrapped? It's hard to tell without looking at the MFS entries... it also helps to have some MFS backups/history which very few will have :(

You can probably get away with just removing the particular season passes that are causing you trouble and recreating them.

Darren King
10-08-2006, 08:14 AM
but I am thanking my stars TiVo didn't brute-force my Sky digital PIN and start recording p0rn all on it's own =).

I did not know a TiVo was capable of this.... is it?

thomson
10-08-2006, 04:29 PM
I did not know a TiVo was capable of this.... is it?
Technically it should be possible... I am guessing the PIN is asked for after changing channels... be pretty simple to have a process monitoring the channel changes and when it sees a change to a channel that requires a PIN it could also send the PIN via the IR blasters.

Darren King
10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Sorry Thompson it was early morning. I *should* have asked "is this implemented at present" rather than what I did. I've never heard of it before being something the TiVo was programmed to do at present.

With you software guys I know *anything* is possible :)

Bonzo
11-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I think the 'brute force' is referring to when the sky box is sitting waiting for a pin entry and the next couple of attempted channel changes by Tivo happen to add up to the pin.
NB I think the simplest way to prevent this in NZ at the moment is to make sure your pin doesn't have a zero in it.

slipmat
11-08-2006, 03:47 PM
I think the 'brute force' is referring to when the sky box is sitting waiting for a pin entry and the next couple of attempted channel changes by Tivo happen to add up to the pin.
NB I think the simplest way to prevent this in NZ at the moment is to make sure your pin doesn't have a zero in it.

That explains things! I must apologise to the poor CSR I abused at SKY TV when I disputed a recent charge... that said I have since changed my pin to something obsure incase it was one of my mates not the TiVo. I have found my STB stuck on pay-per-view or one of those interactive ads on channel 222 due to IR blasted digits missed. Bit nervous to start playing in tivosh to increase the unattended delay but I guess I gotta start somewhere...

be pretty simple to have a process monitoring the channel changes and when it sees a change to a channel that requires a PIN it could also send the PIN via the IR blasters.

Great idea, thought about writing something?

Anyway as far as the questionable show names go I'll nuke the suspect season pass and see if that fixes things. If you're asking about backups, I have some backups from the tivoweb module - will that help? Having difficyulty attempting to decypher it myself.

Also is it safe to remove that entry for Dennis' Emulator in the config?

Thanks heaps

thomson
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
be pretty simple to have a process monitoring the channel changes and when it sees a change to a channel that requires a PIN it could also send the PIN via the IR blasters.
Great idea, thought about writing something?

Unfortunately I am a FTA user... and as such do not have an STB so lack a little motivation in that area :) I also can't imagine that many people would actually trust their TiVo to make decision that would authorise payments :cool:
Still... from a software point of view, it is not very difficult.

thomson
11-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Also is it safe to remove that entry for Dennis' Emulator in the config?
I am not 100% sure, but the only line of importance in this file is the one that starts with "127::"