PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel Channel Changes

dminieri
02-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone, last night I noticed that some of the guide data does not correlate with the foxtel digital channels. I've done some investigation and noticed that some of the foxtel channels have changed.

I've made a list below.

AUGUST CHANNEL NUMBER CHANGES

FOX News
WAS D602 NOW D604

CNN
WAS D603 NOW D605

BBC World
WAS D604 NOW D606

Bloomberg Television
WAS D605 NOW D650

CNBC Australia
WAS D606 NOW D652

The Weather Channel
WAS D609 NOW D603

SBS News
WAS D610 NOW D648

Discovery Channel
WAS D630 NOW D610

National Geographic Channel
WAS D632 NOW D612

Animal Planet
WAS D634 NOW D615

Discovery Travel & Living
WAS D638 NOW D646

The History Channel
WAS D644 NOW D608

Discovery Science
WAS D646 NOW D638

Crime & Investigation Network
WAS D648 NOW D617

Can something like this be easily fixed? I'm not sure how to do it but would be interested in learning how it can be resolved.

Dom.

Darren King
02-08-2006, 08:51 AM
This issue has been raised by a few people on the oztivo email list with Warren and changes are correlated and made at the emulator end, so apart from alerting to any potential errors your TiVo will pick up the changes in subsequent daily calls.

If you are not an email list subscriber then you can go to www.oztivo.com and subscribe there.

petestrash
02-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Adding to what Darren has said, once the changes come through to your TiVo you will receive a mail message advising that the lineup has changed.

You will need to go into 'channels you receive' and select the correct channels and deselect the old ones (Sometimes channels that are removed still remain on your TiVo).

Peter.

dminieri
02-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Cheers guys, appreciate the help.
D.

AlaskaDude
05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Greetings
I have noticed that some of channels have been changed. Still the Foxtel Discovery channel ( 610 now not 630) and History Channel 1 have not been changed. Is there anyway we can get this change made? I LIVE off these two channels, not having my American Chopper fix everyday makes for a very dull boy!:D

AlaskaDude
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Sorry to keep posting about what is probably an ongoing problem however I have gone through every Foxtel channel now and virtually every channel from 603 to 648 is out of place. Is anyone else noticing this?
Can one of us Newbies do something to help?
Thanks and cheers

Wiked
05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I swapped over to Austar from Foxtel about 6 weeks ago and did the guided setup to tell it Austar etc. All was well with the channels etc back then.

Tonight I do a guided setup and even though my settings were still with Austar etc I am now getting the FOXTEL guide data so all the channels that have been changed are totally wrong.

Maybe if there wasn't a seperate slice for Austar in the past there should be one now as the channels are way too different.

If there is something I can do then I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Wiked
06-08-2006, 11:08 AM
As I was missing out on Discovery and ESPN recordings I just went into TivoWebPlus>>ChannelMap and changed the channel numbers back. I then saved and re-indexed the channel listing and all looks fine in TivoWeb now and of course in my EPG etc.

Before I changed anything I looked into my hack/guide/Austar_Digital_Sat.lnup file and all was listed correct as it should be so I have no idea why I had thins drama with getting the foxtel channel changes etc.

I hope nobody else on Austar that does a guided setup has this problem. Very strange.

petestrash
07-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Sorry to keep posting about what is probably an ongoing problem however I have gone through every Foxtel channel now and virtually every channel from 603 to 648 is out of place. Is anyone else noticing this?
Can one of us Newbies do something to help?
Thanks and cheers

Which Foxtel are you using Cable/Satellite, WA/NT/QLD/NSW/VIC/TAS/SA.

Have you checked 'channels you receive' in the on screen menus and selected the correct channels and deselected the old ones?

Peter.

PS I'm in Beijing at the moment, so don't log in regularily.

petestrash
07-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I swapped over to Austar from Foxtel about 6 weeks ago and did the guided setup to tell it Austar etc. All was well with the channels etc back then.

Tonight I do a guided setup and even though my settings were still with Austar etc I am now getting the FOXTEL guide data so all the channels that have been changed are totally wrong.

Maybe if there wasn't a seperate slice for Austar in the past there should be one now as the channels are way too different.

If there is something I can do then I would love to hear it.

Thanks

As you have since found out there are many seperate slices for Austar and Foxtel.

You are the only Austar user I have heard about who is having issues with this, I don't see any problems in the Austar headends.

I don't know why your TiVo reverted back to Foxtel.

Peter.

Wiked
07-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Pete,

Yes it was strange as I couldn't work it out either.

Anyway like I said I changed all the ch numbers in TivoWebPlus and then re indexed them so they would be ok etc.

When I redid the guided setup I never changed any settings and it stayed on Austar of course but then when I rebooted after many hours like I said it was all the foxtel channels and Austar ones wheren't there to be selected etc in channels I recieve.

Anyway as I have it sorted I am not at all worried at about it now and if I do a guided setup again then I will post in this thread the outcome if it still does the same thing etc.

AlaskaDude
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey Thanks Pete and Darren for you help.
I did a total Redo on the Setup and selected the proper channel numbers and cancelled out the old ones! I did notice that changes haven't been made to Tivoweb though. Does it take a while for this change to take affect as well?
Thanks again!

Darren King
08-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Changes to TiVoWEB are user installed, not downloaded through a daily call.

AlaskaDude
09-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey Darren
So how hard is it then to edit my Tivoweb channels to get them corrected so I can use it? I never messed with editing the Tivoweb.
Cheers
Paul

Darren King
10-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Sorry, I do not dabble much in software and have not tried what you are asking.

petestrash
11-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey Darren
So how hard is it then to edit my Tivoweb channels to get them corrected so I can use it? I never messed with editing the Tivoweb.
Cheers
Paul

From memory, a simple full reload (using the menus) of TW should be all that is required to bring TW upto date with what is on your TiVo's mfs.

I don't use TW anymore, just TWP (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus) which I highly recommend you upgrade to.

Peter.