PDA

View Full Version : Clock warped

Tony
13-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Gidday all,

I have a Series 1 Philips Tivo. For a long time now I've been plagued by regular "clock warped" errors breaking my Season Passes.

Six months ago I rebuilt using the OzTivo 1.4 image which was supposed to fix this, but it didn't. I know about that wrong file in early versions of 1.4... fixed that, but still the same.

Now I'm contemplating rebuilding again using the NZ image.

Before I do, can I ask for a quick show of hands... how many of us often / occassionally / absolutely never get the dead guide data / clock warped issue with the new image?

Cheers,

Tony

NZMarke
16-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi there,

I get the same problem. About once a month to once every 6 weeks. Interestingly, before I upgraded to the 1.4 image, I never got it at all - on the other hand, my Tivo used to periodically hang when it was running on the old image (I'd come home and there'd be no lights on it at all, and no output - a reboot always fixed it)

I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers

Mark

Muzza
17-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Yes I get it constantly since the 1.4 image. I have several posts about it now.
I don't even have any guide data left currently and a forced index doesn't resolve it any more.

(And yes, I also installed the "patch" that should have fixed it about a month or so)

Regards
Muzza.

NZMarke
17-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Muzza -

I ended up doing a "Clear program data & ToDo list" last night and getting the whole program guide from fresh. Which seems to have worked fine. Takes about an hour to do the clearing of the data, then some time (not sure how long - I went to bed!) to reload (I forced a call) and reindex again.

If you do this, remember to use the web interface to save your ToDo list so you can restore it again, otherwise it'll get nuked.

Would like to solve the problem though ... don't want to have to repeat this process too often!

Cheers

Mark

tonys
17-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I still get it occasionally despite installing the patch. Doesn't seem as often, and quickly fixed with a touch timestamp and force reindex, but still frustrating when I don't notice it till it starts missing season passes.

Muzza
18-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks Mark - You da man! That has worked for me also so I finally have guide data again :D (at least for another few weeks untill my warped clock happens again).

Muzza.

NZMarke
13-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi all

Just for anyone stumbling across this thread ... the conversation was continued (and resolved) here:
http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1064

Cheers

Mark